Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  34
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFLW 2018 - Round 7 v Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I want that treble so bad mate. We have to be the first club to do it.
    Actually add the VFLW as well.

AFL
    VFL
    AFLW
    VFLW

All premiers. Total Bulldog domination.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

And so it begins
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I wonder if they cover that sort of thing in match simulation? The AFLW doesn't have a long preseason so I'd be surprised.

Then again I'd reckon every other defender would know who wasn't covering their forward. Like you say Brooke is the comp's leading goal kicker so she must have had a direct opponent.
    Hard to cover for a boundary throw in moving 15m in the air and landing in the hot spot. Bruton was the quickest on to it and also quick with her disposal. Clear BOG for us, even ahead of Kearney for me.

Kudos to Ellie Blackburn as well. Sacrificed her usual attacking midfield game to drop behind the ball - meant she didn't get her usual numbers but was clever with blocking/guarding space.

I'd go 3 Bruton, 2 Kearney and 1 Scott

4. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The women finish one game clear on top and the best percentage - that is the way to do it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Hard to cover for a boundary throw in moving 15m in the air and landing in the hot spot. Bruton was the quickest on to it and also quick with her disposal. Clear BOG for us, even ahead of Kearney for me.

Kudos to Ellie Blackburn as well. Sacrificed her usual attacking midfield game to drop behind the ball - meant she didn't get her usual numbers but was clever with blocking/guarding space.

I'd go 3 Bruton, 2 Kearney and 1 Scott
    I see your point but I reckon most of my coaches would have had harsh words with whoever he had assigned to watch Brooke. "How did she get so much space?" And "why didn't you have contact at the throw?" Coaches aren't the most reasonable people straight after close losses or mine weren't anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

How did the wind at Whitten oval last night compare to the 'old days'? Going out for kick to kick after the game I'm not surprised how scrappy the match was, compared to some earlier games the Dogs have played there. Extremely hard to judge the ball in flight, and also to guide it onto your foot.

I agree about their coverage of Brooke. It was definitely a mix of defenders being drawn to the ball (Was it Lochlands opponent who tried to smother the handball?) and clever positioning from Brooke herself, with a slight assist from the wind/boundary umpire.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    How did the wind at Whitten oval last night compare to the 'old days'? Going out for kick to kick after the game I'm not surprised how scrappy the match was, compared to some earlier games the Dogs have played there. Extremely hard to judge the ball in flight, and also to guide it onto your foot.

I agree about their coverage of Brooke. It was definitely a mix of defenders being drawn to the ball (Was it Lochlands opponent who tried to smother the handball?) and clever positioning from Brooke herself, with a slight assist from the wind/boundary umpire.
    In the 60's Teddy regularly kicked against the wind when he won the toss with good effect.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: AFLW 2018 - Round 7 v Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    In the 60's Teddy regularly kicked against the wind when he won the toss with good effect.
    Heh! When Ted "won" the toss. The coin wouldn't have hit the ground before EJ would turn and point to the end he wanted to kick to. There is one particular one where Bob Skilton is the opposition captain (I think Skilton said it was the first time he'd been made captain) when Ted performs his little trick and Bob looks at the umpire with a quizzical look and the umpire shrugs his shoulders as if to say "usually I'd say something but he's Ted Whitten and this is the Western Oval."

10. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post