Thanks Thanks:  75
Likes Likes:  128
Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Injury List 2018

Haven't received the official list at this stage. These are what we know:

Morris - Estimated 10 weeks

Roughead - doubtful for round 1

Greene and Boyd came off with some sort of injuries/knocks in intra-club match.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List 2018

I thought Roughy was ok...

Post Thanks / Like

WESTERN BULLDOGS
    INJURY LIST

Dale Morris (knee)

Jordan Roughead (groin)

Liam Picken (concussion)

Jack Redpath (suspended)

Jordan Roughead sent a major scare through the Bulldogs camp on Saturday when he appeared to hurt his hip/groin against Collingwood in a marking contest. Roughead left the field for treatment in the opening term and returned to the field only to head back off again. He didn’t play after half time, with the Dogs opting to take no risks given he is such an important player. The club is confident he will be OK for Round 1.

Liam Picken should also be right for the start of the season after suffering concussion against Hawthorn two weeks away despite not playing against the Magpies.

Dale Morris is out for an extended period, however, as he works on his strength and rehabilitation program in a bid to avoid surgery on his damaged ACL.

Morris didn’t suffer a full tear of the ligament, so the Dogs are hopeful this approach will be enough to fix the injury and allow him to return in the second half of the season.

Jack Redpath will miss Round 1 due to suspension.

Link

5. Thanks bornadog, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That suspension to Redpath should be listed as insult, not injury.

7. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I thought Roughy was ok...
    Well. He's as least banged up as he's going to be anyway. I haven't seen someone with a similiar capacity for injuring himself in some terrible, awful way but then just playing through the terrible, awful pain barrier anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by NoseBleed View Post
    That suspension to Redpath should be listed as insult, not injury.
    *!*!*!*!ing A.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

We are in better nick than any other side I would say leading into round 1 , one injury.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Not too bad on the injury front. It has been worse but hopefully our fortunes change in 2018.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

From Mark Stevens:

Clay Smith so important as a manic forward beast in 2016. Knee soreness has held him up, after flying earlier in the pre-season. Underrated, influential but managing effects of 3 knee recos. Dogs need him.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    From Mark Stevens:

Clay Smith so important as a manic forward beast in 2016. Knee soreness has held him up, after flying earlier in the pre-season. Underrated, influential but managing effects of 3 knee recos. Dogs need him.
    Thanks for this update BAD. Would be good if he could destroy GWS like he did in prelim but with no appearances in pre-season practice or JLT matches it looks like he is highly unlikely for round 1. Pity as I thought Honeychurch was really poor-especially his turnovers. A real pity as he tries his guts out and was hoping he would come good. Hope he proves me wrong but I fear we need to look elsewhere for a tough small forward with Smith absent - Picken and Dahl I reckon might be what mc are thinking.

Does anyone have news of Boyd’s injury? I think he will have a good year, if injury and mental health issues can be kept at bay.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Thanks for this update BAD. Would be good if he could destroy GWS like he did in prelim but with no appearances in pre-season practice or JLT matches it looks like he is highly unlikely for round 1. Pity as I thought Honeychurch was really poor-especially his turnovers. A real pity as he tries his guts out and was hoping he would come good. Hope he proves me wrong but I fear we need to look elsewhere for a tough small forward with Smith absent - Picken and Dahl I reckon might be what mc are thinking.

Does anyone have news of Boyd’s injury? I think he will have a good year, if injury and mental health issues can be kept at bay.
    Apparently Clay has suffered knee soreness since the Mooloolaba camp. Hope he can overcome it, but doesn't look good after 3 knee recos.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Apparently Clay has suffered knee soreness since the Mooloolaba camp. Hope he can overcome it, but doesn't look good after 3 knee recos.

Not that I am an expert in knee recos but you'd have to think that many would cause a bit of damage to the stucture of the knee as well as a significant amount of mental scarring too.

It would be so frustrating for him.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Just play him on Toby Greene and watch him shit himself.
    Bring back the biff

16. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Just play him on Toby Greene and watch him shit himself.
    Yeah was awful what he did to Dahl last year. Should have been suspended.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Not that I am an expert in knee recos but you'd have to think that many would cause a bit of damage to the stucture of the knee as well as a significant amount of mental scarring too.

It would be so frustrating for him.
    I wish Clay the best of luck to come back but it cannot be easy having 3 knee reconstructions. Eventually it just takes its toll.

Post Thanks / Like

'It was pretty scary': Tough Dog's R1 in doubt

TOUGH midfielder Liam Picken is no certainty for the Western Bulldogs' opening round clash with Greater Western Sydney as he recovers from concussion, says captain Easton Wood.

The 31-year-old received the heavy knock in a collision with teammate Josh Dunkley during the JLT Community Series match against Hawthorn in Ballarat on March 3, and lay prone until stretchered from the field by trainers.

The veteran played no further part in the match and wasn't selected for the following week's JLT game against Collingwood.

It's the second concussion the courageous veteran has received in the past 12 months after a nasty head knock against Fremantle in round three last year.

"It was pretty scary with like any concussion, and I was right next to Liam when it happened on the ground," Wood said at the AFL's Captains Day on Thursday.

"He's had a couple of bad ones already, (and) I'm not sure where he's currently at, at the moment.

He's been (into the club) every day in the initial stage of the recovery, (but) he's had really short days.

"I think he's doing OK and should be back all right, but whether that's playing round one, I'm not sure yet."

Wood, who sits on the AFLPA board, said he was impressed with the way the club had treated Picken's recovery.

"What I'm enjoying with the way concussion is (treated) now is that the cautious approach is the best approach," he said.

"It was a very quick call that he wouldn't play in that JLT game (against Collingwood), so he had limited stuff to do that week and (he needed to) just be at home, recover and get himself right."