Thanks Thanks:  75
Likes Likes:  128
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List 2018

Here we go again
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

A compound dislocation of the finger for Tom Boyd ... that would be excruciatingly painful. God our injury run has been horrific.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    A compound dislocation of the finger for Tom Boyd ... that would be excruciatingly painful. God our injury run has been horrific.
    The way he ran from the ground and with blood streaming from it - I thought he had split the webbing.
    Compound dislocation, pretty unpleasant I'd imagine. I've dislocated fingers before, and that was uncomfortable enough - but a compound dislocation - a bit of extra spice!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    The way he ran from the ground and with blood streaming from it - I thought he had split the webbing.
    Compound dislocation, pretty unpleasant I'd imagine. I've dislocated fingers before, and that was uncomfortable enough - but a compound dislocation - a bit of extra spice!
    I thought the same. I once dislocated a finger and split the webbing in one so I assumed that must have been what Boyd did. Fortunately my bones remained under my skin.

Post Thanks / Like

Might be easier to rename the thread "Non injured Bulldogs"
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Wood out for year

Macrae - out for at least 3 weeks

Webb out a month

Bonti sore, but ok

Mclean - Test on sore shoulder

Western Bulldogs captain Easton Wood is expected to miss the next two to three months of football with a hamstring injury.
    Wood came from the field in the second quarter of the Bulldogs’ match against Port Adelaide on Thursday night, with scans confirming a high-grade injury.

At this stage, the Club will manage Wood’s hamstring injury conservatively and will reassess his condition in the coming weeks, but expect that he will be sidelined for the next 10-12 weeks.

Scans have revealed a low-grade hamstring strain for midfielder Jack Macrae, who is set to miss the next 3-4 weeks.
    Lukas Webb is also expected to miss next 3-4 weeks after he underwent surgery to repair a fractured thumb.
    The news is better for Tom Boyd, who had successful surgery on a dislocated finger and is considered a chance to be available for next week’s game against North Melbourne.

Midfielder Marcus Bontempelli has been cleared of serious structural damage after hyperextending his knee against the Power, but will also be tested later this week before a decision is made on his availability.

And Toby McLean (shoulder) will also need to get through this week’s training sessions to be considered for the clash against the Kangaroos on Saturday
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Wood out for year

Macrae - out for at least 3 weeks

Webb out a month

Bonti sore, but ok

Mclean - Test on sore shoulder

Western Bulldogs captain Easton Wood is expected to miss the next two to three months of football with a hamstring injury.
    Wood came from the field in the second quarter of the Bulldogs’ match against Port Adelaide on Thursday night, with scans confirming a high-grade injury.

At this stage, the Club will manage Wood’s hamstring injury conservatively and will reassess his condition in the coming weeks, but expect that he will be sidelined for the next 10-12 weeks.

Scans have revealed a low-grade hamstring strain for midfielder Jack Macrae, who is set to miss the next 3-4 weeks.
    Lukas Webb is also expected to miss next 3-4 weeks after he underwent surgery to repair a fractured thumb.
    The news is better for Tom Boyd, who had successful surgery on a dislocated finger and is considered a chance to be available for next week’s game against North Melbourne.

Midfielder Marcus Bontempelli has been cleared of serious structural damage after hyperextending his knee against the Power, but will also be tested later this week before a decision is made on his availability.

And Toby McLean (shoulder) will also need to get through this week’s training sessions to be considered for the clash against the Kangaroos on Saturday
    It’s absolute carnage. Devastating. Maybe we should just forfeit

I guess we will get a good look at fringe players.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

We need others to step up

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah just terrible the injuries. While it is a factor in why we are struggling it is the experienced players in our side that are struggling right now. Our younger players a huge positive this year on the field. Off field we are doing good but need to get back up on field again.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Carnage is the word

Post Thanks / Like

Right now we should say to guys like McLean and the Bont - rest up, no point rushing back for a lost cause season. Get the surgery on the shoulder. Let the knee heal. Maybe learn something from sitting on the sidelines whatching the team.

14. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Medical update: Naughton, Morris in the mix

Dale Morris: “Making a fantastic recovery following his arthroscope that repaired the meniscus in his knee.

“We're going to work through a process with Dale this week and be really objective to make sure he's ready to return to play. We hope to come up with a clear time line of that in the next couple of days.”

Matt Suckling: “Has suffered some ongoing achilles soreness since the round 9 Adelaide game in the wet. We've made the most of the mid-season break to take some load out of his achilles.

“At this stage we're getting him back into some training and we're going to monitor his achilles to make sure it's tolerating those loads. We'll make a decision on Matt's return to play in coming days. “

Aaron Naughton: “Has had a really good block of training over the last three weeks since we managed him from his ankle injury and minor quad tightness.

“At this stage he's going to come back into full training this week and if he ticks all of our boxes he'll return to availability this weekend.”

Easton Wood: “Was involved in an incident on the weekend where he was running at full speed and then tripped over someone's leg.

“This caused him to land awkwardly and overstretch his hamstring. This mechanism has caused a high-grade hamstring injury. At this stage we're going to manage Easton conservatively but expect him to still miss the next 10-12 weeks.”

Lukas Webb: “Was involved in a tackle on the weekend where he broke a small bone in his thumb. He did get through the game but this bone did require surgery when we got down to Melbourne.

“At this stage he's come in really well following the operation but we still expect him to miss the next three weeks of footy.”

Jack Macrae: “In the final minutes of the second quarter on the weekend Jackson Macrae went to do a sprint and felt some awareness in upper part of his hamstring.

“Our clinical tests at half time did show us he might have a low level strain there. Then when we fitness tested him after the break he could not get to full speed and he did have some pain when he went to sprint.

“MRI have since confirmed that he does have a low grade hamstring injury and that he's probably going to miss the next three weeks.”

“Toby McLean: “Was involved in a collision early in the game on the weekend where he hurt his shoulder. He did get through the game and he's come in quite well today.

“We'll work through a process with Toby over the next couple of days to determine his availability this weekend.”

16. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

18. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gee that's an extensive injury list. The good news is there are 5 tests.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Flippin' heck.

So when is SlimPickens reorganising the medical department again?
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!