Re: Injury List 2018

Western Bulldogs Injury List Team (old VFA rules - no wings):

B Wood Morris Webb
    HB Suckling Naughton Dale
    C Macrae
    HF Dickson Boyd McLean
    F Smith Redpath Picken
    Foll English Bont Libba

Not a bad team, would beat our fit side.

2. Likes bornadog, Rocket Science, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

B Wood Morris Webb
    C Macrae
    HF Dickson Boyd McLean
    F Smith Redpath Picken
    Foll English Bont Libba

That would be the best side we've sent out on the park for the season!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Medical update: Naughton, Morris in the mix

Dale Morris: “Making a fantastic recovery following his arthroscope that repaired the meniscus in his knee.

“We're going to work through a process with Dale this week and be really objective to make sure he's ready to return to play. We hope to come up with a clear time line of that in the next couple of days.”

Matt Suckling: “Has suffered some ongoing achilles soreness since the round 9 Adelaide game in the wet. We've made the most of the mid-season break to take some load out of his achilles.

“At this stage we're getting him back into some training and we're going to monitor his achilles to make sure it's tolerating those loads. We'll make a decision on Matt's return to play in coming days. “

Aaron Naughton: “Has had a really good block of training over the last three weeks since we managed him from his ankle injury and minor quad tightness.

“At this stage he's going to come back into full training this week and if he ticks all of our boxes he'll return to availability this weekend.”

Easton Wood: “Was involved in an incident on the weekend where he was running at full speed and then tripped over someone's leg.

“This caused him to land awkwardly and overstretch his hamstring. This mechanism has caused a high-grade hamstring injury. At this stage we're going to manage Easton conservatively but expect him to still miss the next 10-12 weeks.”

Lukas Webb: “Was involved in a tackle on the weekend where he broke a small bone in his thumb. He did get through the game but this bone did require surgery when we got down to Melbourne.

“At this stage he's come in really well following the operation but we still expect him to miss the next three weeks of footy.”

Jack Macrae: “In the final minutes of the second quarter on the weekend Jackson Macrae went to do a sprint and felt some awareness in upper part of his hamstring.

“Our clinical tests at half time did show us he might have a low level strain there. Then when we fitness tested him after the break he could not get to full speed and he did have some pain when he went to sprint.

“MRI have since confirmed that he does have a low grade hamstring injury and that he's probably going to miss the next three weeks.”

“Toby McLean: “Was involved in a collision early in the game on the weekend where he hurt his shoulder. He did get through the game and he's come in quite well today.

“We'll work through a process with Toby over the next couple of days to determine his availability this weekend.”
    Some of the phrasing sounds like one of those stern-faced police sergeants at the scene of an accident, especially the description of Easton's injury. I half expected to read that a suspect was apprehended at the scene and is assisting with inquiries...
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

B Wood Morris Webb
    C Macrae
    HF Dickson Boyd McLean
    F Smith Redpath Picken
    Foll English Bont Libba

Here is the fit side

B: Crozier, Roberts, Cordy
    HB: Williams, Trengove, Biggs
    C: Hunter
    HF: Jong, Schache, Richards
    F: Dunkley, Adams, Honeychurch
    R: Roughead, Wallis, Daniel

Int: Young, Campbell, Collins, Porter
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Here is the fit side

They might get done
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Here is the fit side

Off the top of my head JJ and Gowers should probably slot in there somewhere, but regardless the injury list side would still have them covered.

Post Thanks / Like

Off the top of my head JJ and Gowers should probably slot in there somewhere, but regardless the injury list side would still have them covered.
    yep & Dalhaus

did it off the top of my head
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs’ Dale Morris opens up of true toll of injuries

WESTERN Bulldogs veteran Dale Morris has opened up on the true toll his injuries has taken on his family revealing that the stress of his broken leg led to his wife Gemma to go into early labour.

Morris, a premiership player for the Dogs in 2016, has had a raft of injuries over his AFL career, which includes breaking his leg twice, breaking his back, breaking his arm and, more recently, partially tearing his ACL.

In an exclusive interview with Fox Footy’s On The Mark, an open Morris said that his broken leg in 2011 was the worst that he had, leaving ramifications on the whole family.

“The worst injury I’ve had is my broken leg in 2011,” Morris said.

“We had Riley who is two years old at that time and Gem was pregnant with our second child Charlie. Which doesn’t really sound like a big deal, but I was in a plaster cast up to my hip in a wheelchair and immobile.

“I couldn’t do anything, so a lot of stress and pressure goes on Gem and she’s a proud person too and says, ‘I’ll be fine, don’t worry about me’. It took its tole on Gem and probably just as much as me. And I hated it, because it’s hard to see someone you love and who is always there for you really doing it tough.”

Morris also believed that his wife’s early labour was the result of his 2011 leg injury, despite being assured by people that it wasn’t his fault.

“Gem at the time was 20, mid-20 weeks pregnant,” Morris explained.

“She ends up going into labour and everyone’s telling me, ‘It’s not your fault’ but I knew that it was all on me because of this significant injury and how much stress I put her under.

“It was quite tough and we had to race to hospital. If the doctors couldn’t get Gem under control with the contractions she was experiencing and the pain, then who knows what would’ve happened and I don’t think I’d be able to live with myself if anything had of happened.”

Morris also said that his injuries led to his son’s Charlie and Riley turning their back sport, to avoid being injured themselves.

“You talk about injuries, Charlie missed all of that, but unfortunately he’s still seeing quite a few injuries that I’ve been able to sustain, with my knee, my broken arm, broken back,” Morris explained.

“He did Auskick last year and this year rolled around and he liked the ideal of taekwondo as well and they clashed. So we sat him down and said do you want to play footy or would you like to do taekwondo, with any hesitation he said taekwondo.”

“I asked why do you want to do taekwondo — which is fine, whatever they want to do I’ll support them … Riley does scouts now which is great — it’s right down his alley. And I’m rapt for him, I’ll support him all the way and Charlie said, ‘I don’t want to do footy, because footy hurts dad’.”

and further to this:

Neroli Meadows

Dale Morris tells #OnTheMark he thinks he’s a genuine chance to play this weekend despite knee surgery just last week. The man is a freak!

Tonight, he details how all the serious injuries have left his two boys reluctant to play the game he loves so dearly.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Thanks G-Mo77 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Suckling to face test

Matthew Suckling is in line to return this Friday night against Geelong, as he continues to recover from an achilles injury that has kept him sidelined for the past two weeks.

Suckling hasn’t played since the Club’s round 11 clash with Melbourne, and will face a test this week to be ready for the Cats.

“We have continued to reload Matty Suckling after his achilles tendon complaint,” Medical Services Manager Chris Bell told westernbulldogs.com.au

“At the moment he’s gone really well with a lot of our training progressions.

“He’s in line to return to full training this week and if ticks those boxes he’ll be considered available this weekend.”

Tim English and Bailey Dale have both resumed running after suffering similar bone stress injuries in their feet. The pair are expected to resume full training next week, according to Bell.

“Both Tim and Bailey are progressing (and) are on track to resume full training next week.

“We’ll confirm their return to play time line in the next seven to ten days.”

Player Injury Duration
    Matthew Suckling achilles test
    Tim English foot 2-3 weeks
    Clay Smith knee 2-3 weeks
    Bailey Dale foot 2-3 weeks
    Jack Macrae hamstring 2-3 weeks
    Lukas Webb hand 2-3 weeks
    Tory Dickson hamstring 3 weeks
    Jack Redpath knee 4-5 weeks
    Easton Wood hamstring 9-10 weeks
    Liam Picken concussion indefinite
    Tom Liberatore knee season

13. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a lot but not as bad in terms of duration of time out.

7 under 5 weeks

1 test - Matty Suckling.

Picko and Libba out long term and Wood will be back over 2.5 months.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Looks like a lot but not as bad in terms of duration of time out.

7 under 5 weeks

1 test - Matty Suckling.

Picko and Libba out long term and Wood will be back over 2.5 months.
    Yes a lot coming back in the next 3 weeks but it's way to late to save the season now as far as finals are concerned.
    Bring back the biff

16. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Yes a lot coming back in the next 3 weeks but it's way to late to save the season now as far as finals are concerned.
    Yeah finals now gone for 2018 now looking to the trade period and national draft.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Medical update: Luckless Lin sidelined; Bailey Dale’s season over

Lin Jong has today undergone surgery on a broken collarbone and is expected to miss at least the next four weeks of football, while Bailey Dale will miss the rest of the season with a foot injury, the Western Bulldogs have confirmed.

Jong was a late inclusion Friday night’s win over Geelong but came down hard in a tackle in the early stages of the first quarter of Friday night’s match, taking no further part in the action.

The Bulldogs’ Medical Services Manager Chris Bell says Jong could return for the latter part of the season.

“Unfortunately Jongy landed on his shoulder in the first quarter of the game on the weekend, (and) this has caused the collarbone to break,” Bell said.

“Lin's had surgery this afternoon to stabilize the fracture and we expect him to miss the next four to six weeks.”

In a further blow for the Dogs, Bailey Dale will miss the remainder of the season after scans today confirmed the 21-year-old will need surgery on his foot.

“We've been really conservative in our management of Bailey Dale following his stress injury to the navicular bone in his foot,” Bell told westernbulldogs.com.au on Monday.

“We've monitored him really closely, but scans have confirmed that he's not responding well and we are going to have to go down the surgical path.

“We're going to put a screw into his navicular bone which is going to rule him out for the rest of the season.”

Matthew Suckling is also facing extended time on the sidelines after an achilles complaint saw him withdrawn from Friday night’s game minutes before the bounce.

“Although Matt ticked all of our boxes last week in the return from his achilles injury, I'm afraid that pre-game he had a flare up of his symptoms and we were required to withdraw him from the game.

“We're going to be really cautious with our approach with Suckers and make sure we get some continuity in his training and look for him to return in the next three to four weeks.”

In more positive news, Caleb Daniel will likely be available to play this weekend after recovering from reported knee soreness last week.

“We didn't want to take any risk that the knee soreness would linger so we rested him on the weekend,” Bell said. “He's come in well today and we fully expect him to train this week and be available.”

Ruckman Tim English will also return to full training this week as he continues his recovery from a foot injury that has sidelined since the Club’s round 7 win over the Gold Coast.

Player Injury Duration
    Caleb Daniel knee test
    Tim English foot test
    Jack Macrae hamstring 1-2 weeks
    Lukas Webb hand 1-2 weeks
    Clay Smith knee 2-3 weeks
    Matthew Suckling achilles 2-4 weeks
    Tory Dickson hamstring 3-4 weeks
    Jack Redpath knee 4-5 weeks
    Lin Jong collarbone 5-6 weeks
    Easton Wood hamstring 8-9 weeks
    Liam Picken concussion indefinite
    Bailey Dale foot season
    Tom Liberatore knee season
    * Injury list updated on Monday 2 July, 2018

19. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

WTF - Foot injury sidelines Williams

Western Bulldogs emerging utility Bailey Williams will miss the next 4-6 weeks of football with a foot injury.

Williams suffered soreness following the Bulldogs’ win over Geelong, with scans later revealing an area of low grade bone stress in a metatarsal in his foot.

The 20-year-old will be managed conservatively with a rehabilitation program.

Post Thanks / Like

So clearly Bailey Dale resumed running when his foot was stuffed ( my medical term)
    Honestly , is Nick Riviera from the Simpsons down there