Thanks Thanks:  75
Likes Likes:  128
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List 2018

A real worry that Picko is still struggling with the concussion.

Last year after getting knocked out against Freo, I felt like he wasn't as sharp or not quite himself for a good 6 weeks.

A lot of heavy knocks in his career, and his wife Annie has spoken before about her concussion concerns - which has me reading between the lines that Liam has had some pretty serious effects.

It might sound dramatic - but at this stage of his career, three kids, has qualifications off field (International Business) to do other things, has won a premiership and had a fulfilled career - you would hope he is very very cautious about playing again.

2. Likes bornadog, N/A, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    A real worry that Picko is still struggling with the concussion.

Last year after getting knocked out against Freo, I felt like he wasn't as sharp or not quite himself for a good 6 weeks.

A lot of heavy knocks in his career, and his wife Annie has spoken before about her concussion concerns - which has me reading between the lines that Liam has had some pretty serious effects.

It might sound dramatic - but at this stage of his career, three kids, has qualifications off field (International Business) to do other things, has won a premiership and had a fulfilled career - you would hope he is very very cautious about playing again.
    I feel exactly the same Ozza. His wife has aired her concerns and fair enough for her to feel that way. Part of what makes him so important is he manic style and if that goes away a bit, again so understandable, then he is much less of a player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I feel exactly the same Ozza. His wife has aired her concerns and fair enough for her to feel that way. Part of what makes him so important is he manic style and if that goes away a bit, again so understandable, then he is much less of a player.
    Agreed, it's a big worry but pleased to see we are taking a very cautious approach. Hopefully Liam is OK, but he definitely needs to do the right thing for himself and his family.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Is this an oxymoron or a paradox? Or maybe a 'paramoron'? Oxydox? Morondox? Radoxpara? Oxycontin? Moronpara? Oxydoxmoron? Whatever it is it's f@#/ing bad luck. His initials - MA - medical almanac. At the rate he's going he's adding a couple of chapters a year and if his bad luck continues the rehab staff won't even bother putting his file back in the cabinet after he's been assessed as fit again (for the time being) Really hard to take because he is a really handy player and looked good when he played forward too. Best of luck Marcus.

I like 'oxydox' the best out of those.

Love how you slipped some oxy in there. Bit out of the blue reading along the list.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

6. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bad news re Liam Picken. Such an important player for us. I wish him a complete recovery and look forward to see him doing his thing again.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

In all honesty i wouldnt be surprised if he retired. Concussion is a pretty serious injury.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Speedy recovery, Liam.
    Your family and the rest of your life your only concern.

Post Thanks / Like

Really glad we are taking our time with him.

Last year in particular I felt we tried to push players back from head injuries way too early. Both Picken and Liberatore were noticeably worse in the month after their head knocks, and I was hoping that we would at the least enforce a one week resting period after a concussion from then on, so this is a good step forward.

Glad to see us taking it seriously.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Player
    Injury
    Estimated Return
    Marcus Adams Ankle 10-12 weeks
    Dale Morris Knee 10-12 weeks
    Liam Picken Concussion Indefinite
    Jack Redpath Suspended Round two
    Jordan Roughead Hip Test
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Libba and Crozier now added to that list unfortunately.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Redpath and Roughead all good now.

So the injury list would be Adams, Morris, Picken, Libba and Crozier.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Liberatore ACL confirmed

Tom Liberatore will miss the rest of the 2018 AFL season after rupturing the ACL in his right knee the Club has confirmed, and will undergo surgery on Monday night.

Western Bulldogs Medical Services Manager Chris Bell said the Club will support the 25-year-old throughout his rehabilitation.
    ‘’Unfortunately, Tom suffered an ACL rupture in the first quarter of the game on the weekend,” Bell told westernbuldogs.com.au.

“It’s the opposite knee to the one he had reconstructed back in 2015. Tom will go into surgery tonight to have that ACL repaired, and we’ll continue to support Tom in his rehab.”

Former Docker Hayden Crozier is also set for a month on the sidelines after his first official game in Bulldogs colours was soured by a knee injury.
    ‘’During the weekend’s game, someone fell across Hayden’s knee (and) it actually damaged the medial ligament. We’ll manage it conservatively but I expect him to miss the next month of football.”

In better news for the Dogs, defender Marcus Adams has returned to the Club after successful surgery on his ankle.
    “Marcus had the surgery last week to repair the syndesmosis ligament in his ankle. The surgery went really well which is fantastic,” Bell said.
    “Marcus is back in the Club this week and has started the initial phases of his rehab.”

And veteran defender Dale Morris is expected to resume running in coming weeks after having his leg brace removed, following the small tear to his ACL her suffered at training in February.
    ‘’He’s out of his brace, which is great and we’re focusing on his strength and control around his knee,’’ Bell said.

“We’ll look to progress him and try and get him running outside in the next two to three weeks, but at this stage it’s still a bit early to predict his timeline but we’re hoping to get him back in the second half of the year.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Great news he's signing a new deal.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

No matter what he'll be a bulldog for life

19. Likes chef, Eastdog, Twodogs liked this post