AFLW Grand Final | Western Bulldogs v Brisbane Lions
    IKON Park, Royal Parade, Carlton North VIC 3054
    12:35pm (AEDT), Saturday 24 March 2018
    FREE entry

Gates Open:
    AFLW Members: 11:00am – 11:30am, Priority Access Period

General Public: 11:30am

Exclusive AFLW Member Prioirity Access

AFLW members of the competing teams will have priority access to the venue for 30 minutes prior to the general public, from 11am–11.30am AEDT.

Entry will be at all gates upon presentation of AFLW membership cards via a dedicated queue at each gate during the priority period. After this time, all queues will be open for the public/non-members to access the venue.
    General Public Match Access

Entry to the AFLW Grand Final is FREE, with gates opening for members of the general public opening at 11:30am.

To gain access to the exclusive AFLW Member Priority Access Period to IKON Park, become a Western Bulldogs women’s member today. Adult memberships cost $50 and include a picnic blanket, and junior memberships cost $25. Visit membership.westernbulldogs.com.au or call 1300 46 36 47.

Broadcast Information

The match will be broadcast live by the Seven Network, with coverage starting at midday, and radio coverage will be available via 3AW, Triple M and ABC

The match will also be streamed live via afl.com.au, the AFLW app and the AFL Live app.

Getting There

Car

There is limited on street car parking available around Princes Park. Free 2 hr and meter parking in surrounding areas, please check street signage.

Melbourne Zoo Parking: $2 for 5 hours. Managed by Zoo staff, monitored by city of Melbourne parking officers.

Public Transport

Public transport is the quickest and easiest way to get to and from the game. Trains, trams and buses operate frequently, dropping you right at the door.

Tram

No. 19 Tram (City-North Coburg) runs from the city to Royal Parade Walker St / Stop 16, then 3 minutes walk to Ikon Park.

Train

Take the Upfield Line to Royal Park Station, then 13 minutes walk to Ikon Park.

Bus

Route 123 Bus to Walker St / Stop 16, then 3 minutes walk from Ikon Park.
    Last edited by bornadog; 19-03-2018 at 01:48 PM. Reason: updated info
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The AFLW GRand Final Thread

Stinks this, should be at VU Whitten Oval. Cheats Park is a crap venue.

The AFL really stuffed this up having the GF the same week as round 1 for AFLM, plus the formula 1 is on, and lots of fans travelling to Canberra. GF should have been this week at Etihad.

Oh well, will be great if we can pull this off, another trophy in the cabinet in the past 4 years. 2014 and 2016 VFL, 2016 AFL and hopefully 2018 Women's , with the season to play out for the men.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

*!*!*!*! 'em. Just tell us where and when and we will turn up and kick arse.

The AFL must be bleeding buckets of blood that we made the GF. They will be sitting there now trying to work out the rule changes to stop us next season.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Crows have their hands full against the Pies - I'd really rather not play them if we didn't have to.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Crows have their hands full against the Pies - I'd really rather not play them if we didn't have to.
    Yeah, I prefer Brissi

Post Thanks / Like

I could get used to this 'straight through to the grand final, then sit back and watch the opposition get bashed about' business. It's about as enjoyable as footy gets.

We've been making it all so unnecessarily hard for ourselves all these years!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the crows are done. Was going to prefer the crows if only for the fact they would have a day less preparation. But what the hell.. our girls could take on and smash anyone in the Granny.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

The AFL really stuffed this up having the GF the same week as round 1 for AFLM, plus the formula 1 is on, and lots of fans travelling to Canberra. GF should have been this week at Etihad.

Oh well, will be great if we can pull this off, another trophy in the cabinet in the past 4 years. 2014 and 2016 VFL, 2016 AFL and hopefully 2018 Women's , with the season to play out for the men
    I like this very much.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh well, will be great if we can pull this off, another trophy in the cabinet in the past 4 years. 2014 and 2016 VFL, 2016 AFL and hopefully 2018 Women's , with the season to play out for the men.
    You were expecting the AFL to play fair? They are still massively annoyed at us for almost pinching Hurley a couple of years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I like this very much.
    I always knew we'd come good.

Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs v Brisbane Lions next Saturday (March 24) at Princes Park. Game starts at 12.35pm AEDT. Entry is free but AFLW members of competing teams get priority access for 30 minutes prior to general public from 11.00am.
    Last edited by bornadog; 19-03-2018 at 01:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Star Bulldog Katie Brennan is in danger of missing the AFLW Grand Final through suspension

KATIE Brennan will thrive on the rare pressure of captaining her side in a grand final, Western Bulldogs coach Paul Groves says — that is, if she is allowed on the field

Brennan played her first game in a month on Saturday night but now faces a nervous wait to see if the AFL’s match review officer Michael Christian cites her for a sling tackle on Demon Harriet Cordner in the fourth quarter of Saturday’s gutsy win over the Demons.

Brennan flung Cordner to the ground and appeared to have one arm loosely pinned at the start of the tackle before the Melbourne defender’s head appeared to hit the ground. Cordner was visibly affected by the tackle and given a free kick.

Brennan was reprimanded for rough conduct in Round 1 and another reprimand would mean a suspension and missing Saturday’s grand final.

While Brennan’s injury layoff showed on the pitch on Saturday night, Groves said the hitout was a crucial first step for the 25-year-old.

Brennan was restricted to a maximum 70 per cent game time on her return from a Round 3 ankle injury, but will be let loose in the decider and play her normal match minutes of up to 95 per cent.

“I think she’s pulled up pretty well, she’s going to clearly be sore, but she got more confident on it (her ankle),” Groves said.

“She was very rusty, mainly because she hasn’t been able to do much training, there were some uncharacteristic drops of marks, which just isn’t her.

“She’s a big game player, so put her in a grand final and she’ll start to take those marks.

“She can only get better from that.

“ … Little things like just keeping Dee Berry on her game … we’re so young down there (forward), she just brings that little bit of stability and leadership and a little bit more confidence.”

The Dogs have pulled up well from the physical clash with the Demons, with no obvious injury concerns.

The Bulldogs finished seventh in the debut season with just two wins after starting flag favourites.

Groves said the club’s turn around was due to numerous things including a fresh game plan, a skills-first training approach, top-notch recruiting and a talented and open playing list.

“The playing group has been willing to try some new things, they’ve been willing to open up and share about themselves, so we understand what’s going on (with them),” Groves said.

“ … We got rid of a lot of the game sense, all the little games I was doing at training last year we got rid of them and put basic, simple (skills) rotations in for every training session we’ve done this year.

“And a bit of belief and confidence in the girls in those skills have just gone through the roof.

“… Just the game style, I wouldn’t say it’s simpler, but it’s a lot easier for the girls to understand.

“We drafted and recruited so well … not just at the top end, the back end of the draft and our rookie draft.”

Post Thanks / Like

Great from the girls, and let’s hope they can keep up the gf winning tradition

Post Thanks / Like

Ridiculous if Katie is reprimanded for a tackle.

Post Thanks / Like

Ridiculous if Katie is reprimanded for a tackle.
    AFL players have been suspended for it. Hopefully a clear medical report for the Melbourne player will help Katie's cause.