Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The AFLW GRand Final Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Ridiculous if Katie is reprimanded for a tackle.
    She should be fine because although it was a fierce tackle, it was all made in one action rather than the tackle and then sling.

More concerned about her inability to cover the ground...Looked lame at times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    She should be fine because although it was a fierce tackle, it was all made in one action rather than the tackle and then sling.

More concerned about her inability to cover the ground...Looked lame at times.
    I don't think her ankle is 100%
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

NOTE, AFL have changed the time to 12.35pm

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Match Information

AFLW Grand Final | Western Bulldogs v Brisbane Lions
    IKON Park, Royal Parade, Carlton North VIC 3054
    12:35pm (AEDT), Saturday 24 March 2018
    FREE entry

Gates Open:
    AFLW Members: 11:00am – 11:30am, Priority Access Period

General Public: 11:30am

Exclusive AFLW Member Prioirity Access

AFLW members of the competing teams will have priority access to the venue for 30 minutes prior to the general public, from 11am–11.30am AEDT.

Entry will be at all gates upon presentation of AFLW membership cards via a dedicated queue at each gate during the priority period. After this time, all queues will be open for the public/non-members to access the venue.
    General Public Match Access

Entry to the AFLW Grand Final is FREE, with gates opening for members of the general public opening at 11:30am.

To gain access to the exclusive AFLW Member Priority Access Period to IKON Park, become a Western Bulldogs women’s member today. Adult memberships cost $50 and include a picnic blanket, and junior memberships cost $25. Visit membership.westernbulldogs.com.au or call 1300 46 36 47.

Broadcast Information
    The match will be broadcast live by the Seven Network, with coverage starting at midday, and radio coverage will be available via 3AW, Triple M and ABC

The match will also be streamed live via afl.com.au, the AFLW app and the AFL Live app.
    Getting There

Car

There is limited on street car parking available around Princes Park. Free 2 hr and meter parking in surrounding areas, please check street signage.

Melbourne Zoo Parking: $2 for 5 hours. Managed by Zoo staff, monitored by city of Melbourne parking officers.

Public Transport
    Public transport is the quickest and easiest way to get to and from the game. Trains, trams and buses operate frequently, dropping you right at the door.

Tram
    No. 19 Tram (City-North Coburg) runs from the city to Royal Parade Walker St / Stop 16, then 3 minutes walk to Ikon Park.

Train
    Take the Upfield Line to Royal Park Station, then 13 minutes walk to Ikon Park.

Bus
    Route 123 Bus to Walker St / Stop 16, then 3 minutes walk from Ikon Park.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Brennan guilty, can accept one week.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Brennan not Guilty, can accept one week.
    Edited for accuracy

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The AFLW Grand Final Thread

What an awful decision, there wasn't a slinging motion in the tackle.

And in the same match Cranston just went and elbowed Kearney directly in the back of the neck in what was an obviously deliberate hit.

Post Thanks / Like

Christensen is already hopelessly compromised and the main season hasn't started. He fell over himself to let the Collingwood player off and then he invents a reason to suspend someone from a grand final. I don't care that he's Gilligan's best mate or whatever. He shouldn't have been appointed, the role is obviously too much for him.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Christensen is already hopelessly compromised and the main season hasn't started. He fell over himself to let the Collingwood player off and then he invents a reason to suspend someone from a grand final. I don't care that he's Gilligan's best mate or whatever. He shouldn't have been appointed, the role is obviously too much for him.
    Please tell me the Honourable Member for Dawson isn't working for the AFL? And that you meant Christian?

9. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Please tell me the Honourable Member for Dawson isn't working for the AFL? And that you meant Christian?
    Oh Georgie....

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...f660aa9650716b

We believe you Gil. Many people, thousands probably, would think that you are lying through your teeth. But we believe you.

My grandmother would have called you a lying hound but she wasn't a gullible person. She didn't like lyers and I doubt she would have liked you very much.

As I say, we believe you, even tough thousands wouldn't. Millions probably.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad we're at least making a challenge:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...19-p4z53v.html

Dogs set to roll dice at tribunal

Katie Brennan faces a date with the tribunal on Tuesday night with the Western Bulldogs set to challenge the one-match suspension which threatens to cost their captain a place in Saturday’s AFLW grand final.

It’s understood the Dogs have engaged criminal lawyer Sam Norton to advocate on behalf of Brennan after she was rubbed out of the decider against the Brisbane Lions, with match review officer Michael Christian doing what he said was “the right thing” in deeming her sling tackle on Melbourne’s Harriet Cordner to be unreasonable in the circumstances.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

13. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As we bloody well should be doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Cordner hit the ground first with her right arm. Her arms were not pinned. Let us hope common sense prevails.

Post Thanks / Like

She is in Da House

Post Thanks / Like

Furious at this in every aspect. That the report was made in the first place. That we were so poor in Katie's defence. That the judiciary system again fails to deliver a fair verdict in the spirit of the game. It is just fundamentally flawed.