Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Trade Claim A Lie :- Bevo

LINK

A REPORT that Western Bulldogs premiership stars Luke Dahlhaus, Tom Liberatore and Clay Smith were put up for trade at the end of last year is "a lie", coach Luke Beveridge says.

Speculation was widespread at the end of the Dogs' underwhelming flag defence that the trio could have joined Jake Stringer in departing Whitten Oval after they failed to match their form of the previous year.

A disappointed Beveridge told AFL.com.au on Tuesday that Dahlhaus, Liberatore and Smith were definitely not put on the trade table.

Dahlhaus and Liberatore are both free agents at season's end, while Smith is on a one-year deal after three knee reconstructions in the past few years.

"Neither Luke, Libba or Clay were ever mentioned by our club in trade discussions, and I don't even think clubs asked (then list manager) Jason McCartney whether or not they were available," Beveridge said.

"(Clubs) may have (asked), but because they weren't going to be traded, Jason wouldn't have told him.

"(The story) is a total fabrication, something that has been made up, a lie, which is really concerning and disappointing.

"They are very much-loved players at our club and they weren't on the trade table."

Beveridge also denied the club was disappointed with Dahlhaus' training standards last season and said the club was keen to retain the 25-year-old.

"No, not at all, so it's another made up element of an article that's been published," Beveridge said.

"I'm sure clubs are attracted to Luke and his game is appealing, and it's something we've got to deal with and manage in our negations with his management in reaching an agreement on a new contract.
    WOOF Member 422

2. Thanks bornadog, Twodogs, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Claim A Lie :- Bevo

And the media wonder why we give them nothing.

4. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Throw in Redpath and Biggs and you arguably have the five most popular blokes at the club.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

6. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Throw in Redpath and Biggs and you arguably have the five most popular blokes at the club.
    Agreed
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

This'll do wonders for the now open hostility between us and the bullshit merchants.

Stuff them of course, but one wonders if their answer to lack of access to Bevo is to try to bait him into commenting with dreck like this.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

9. Likes SonofScray, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't the players and aflpa president (Dangerfield) just have a discussion about the media making fake news up and calling the press to pull their heads in a week ago?
    Then they make up more stories again !
    I feel for clubs and players when this rubbish is written and got away with, they answer to no one . Maybe clubs will be forced to ban certain reporters if fake news is put up.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

The media has a role to keep the league honest and with integrity - like the Essendon saga (although I’m still not sure which side they were on). But likewise they also need to be held accountable. Media bans suck for fans but I wouldn’t blame clubs or players in this current environment. Be selective about it. This Tom Morris dude probably just got a permaban from bevo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    This'll do wonders for the now open hostility between us and the bullshit merchants.

Stuff them of course, but one wonders if their answer to lack of access to Bevo is to try to bait him into commenting with dreck like this.
    I'm not fussed. Egg is on their face. All Bevo has to do is occasionally wipe the shit off his windscreen. Ultimately I'm more than comfortable to be hated by the media, and if they in due course smear our name because of a lack of access then we'll know who are with us and who are against us. Loving what Bevo is bringing, it's very un-Bulldogs like in terms of our history and I like it lots. It has a touch of arrogance and relevancy.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    The media has a role to keep the league honest and with integrity - like the Essendon saga (although I’m still not sure which side they were on). But likewise they also need to be held accountable. Media bans suck for fans but I wouldn’t blame clubs or players in this current environment. Be selective about it. This Tom Morris dude probably just got a permaban from bevo
    What irritates me is it gets played on the radio and then Andy Marr purrs in with "oh I know Tom Morris and he wouldn't just make a story"

Well someone did. Either Bevo made up some crap about one of his own players or Tom Morris cherry picked some "facts" to construct a story he thought would get printed. Which scenario sounds more likely?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting really pissed off with the media, from Sam Maclure's ever so gentle swipes at us for not embracing the media to Tim Watson constantly sniping us it's really enforcing to me that we should make an us vs them stance this year.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

15. Likes Scraggers, bornadog, SonofScray, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm getting really pissed off with the media, from Sam Maclure's ever so gentle swipes at us for not embracing the media to Tim Watson constantly sniping us it's really enforcing to me that we should make an us vs them stance this year.
    I hunk that is what is happening, though it is the media galvanising moreso than us. They want us to play the game and feed them info etc. We're not. So they are baiting us to get a reaction.As a group the footy media are disgruntled with us and are exercising their power with some contempt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    You forgot that slicked back turd Lyon 'coming in off the long run' on On The Couch last night re: the Gordon/Alberti teacup stoush.

Onya Gaddy, signature fearless stuff.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    You forgot that slicked back turd Lyon 'coming in off the long run' on On The Couch last night re: the Gordon/Alberti teacup stoush.

Onya Gaddy, signature fearless stuff.
    That was actually the most overrated player and coach double crown winner Paul Roos..............given he couldn't take a shot at his old club Melbourne, he had to have a swipe at us.

Probably best to move on.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    What irritates me is it gets played on the radio and then Andy Marr purrs in with "oh I know Tom Morris and he wouldn't just make a story"

Well someone did. Either Bevo made up some crap about one of his own players or Tom Morris cherry picked some "facts" to construct a story he thought would get printed. Which scenario sounds more likely?
    Caroline Wilson has come out and said almost exactly the same thing. It's like journalists refuse to acknowledge any faults in their industry.

Even the respected Chip Le Grand came out swinging after the AFLPA called on players to call out false reporting. Blamed players and clubs for a lack of content as if that excuses just making things up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

Of course the easy answer to this is to go to the managers of each player and ask them if their players were shopped around.
    Clubs will no doubt ask about certain players availability during trade discussions but for it to have any substance the player managers need to be involved. If that hasn't happened then it's at best speculation by the media and at worst it's just some manipulation of the facts for the journo's own agenda.

I think we have overstated the impact which has created it's own story but I think we need to start a media shit list and add the guys that are stirring things up. Tim Watson, Garry Lying, Sam Manure and Tom (not Dales bootlace) Morris are the inductees on my media shit list at the moment. More to come...
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

21. Likes Twodogs, The bulldog tragician liked this post