Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Claim A Lie :- Bevo

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Of course the easy answer to this is to go to the managers of each player and ask them if their players were shopped around.
    Clubs will no doubt ask about certain players availability during trade discussions but for it to have any substance the player managers need to be involved. If that hasn't happened then it's at best speculation by the media and at worst it's just some manipulation of the facts for the journo's own agenda.

I think we have overstated the impact which has created it's own story but I think we need to start a media shit list and add the guys that are stirring things up. Tim Watson, Garry Lying, Sam Manure and Tom (not Dales bootlace) Morris are the inductees on my media shit list at the moment. More to come...

Ans Caro has added herself this morning. Virtually calls our coach out as a liar (either Morris or Bevo are telling porkies-in fact, let's get to the bottom of it. Bevo and Morris on 360 tonight drilled by a serving police officer or hooked up to a a lie detector)and we can get to the bottom of it once and for all.

Then every journo that has doubted us goes on their hands and knees in Footscray mall and grovels an apology, Tom Morris gets chained to the back of a ute and gets dragged around the car park of Whitten oval, Katie Brennan plays in the AFLW grand final and Bob Murphy gets his own premiership Medallian. Then honour will be done.

Asking the managers isn't a bad idea. By the time a manager gets involved a trade has gone to a certain level past a "is Dalhaus on the table?" phone call. Although managers aren't always 100 % honest
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.3aw.com.au/reporter-stan...eridge-fuming/

Reporter stands by story that left Luke Beveridge fuming

Sportsday newsbreaker Tom Morris says he “stands by” his report that left Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge fuming.

Beveridge said the report, which stated Luke Dahlhaus was “trade bait” over the summer, was “unethical and disappointing”.

But Morris wasn’t backing away on Sportsday.

“I was disappointed he said it was unethical and called me a liar but I stand by my story,” Morris said.

Caroline Wilson backed in the young newshound.

“To say you just made it up it is a ridiculous statement by Luke,” Wilson said.

“I know what he’s trying to do but it was an over the top defence, for mine.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    https://www.3aw.com.au/reporter-stan...eridge-fuming/

Reporter stands by story that left Luke Beveridge fuming

Sportsday newsbreaker Tom Morris says he “stands by” his report that left Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge fuming.

Beveridge said the report, which stated Luke Dahlhaus was “trade bait” over the summer, was “unethical and disappointing”.

But Morris wasn’t backing away on Sportsday.

“I was disappointed he said it was unethical and called me a liar but I stand by my story,” Morris said.

Caroline Wilson backed in the young newshound.

“To say you just made it up it is a ridiculous statement by Luke,” Wilson said.

“I know what he’s trying to do but it was an over the top defence, for mine.”
    Morris was acting on rumours at the time and has been caught out and now won't back down.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Morris was acting on rumours at the time and has been caught out and now won't back down.
    Yep we all heard the rumours but none of us wrote them down and published them as fact.

Tom needs to back down or he will end up without a job.

Post Thanks / Like

To be fair to Morris all his peers do the same. Trawl forums, Facebook and Twitter and then make up a story without facts. Until these parasites are made accountable for their actions we'll continue to get manufactured news.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if his claims are as accurate as his spelling in his twitter account, viz "Meanwhile, a footballer gets two weeks for tackling an opponent (who plays out the game) around the waste in a sport that allows tackling.

Bevo is an ethical bloke. Anything I read this season by Tom morris I will regard as crap.

7. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    To be fair to Morris all his peers do the same. Trawl forums, Facebook and Twitter and then make up a story without facts. Until these parasites are made accountable for their actions we'll continue to get manufactured news.

That's fine but when you are called on it then you 'fess up. What you don't do is insist you are being 100% honest. It might be admitting to a breach of journalistic ethics (hang on a src hahahahahahaha, ethics, oh god! Sorry couldn't keep that down) but when the alternative is the other side is lying then you have an obligation to the truth.

Let's face it, this story is going to come out eventually and it will be proved Morris is full of shit. It would be better for Tom to 'fess up now. Bevo is not the type to let this lie (no pun intended)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Of course the easy answer to this is to go to the managers of each player and ask them if their players were shopped around.
    Clubs will no doubt ask about certain players availability during trade discussions but for it to have any substance the player managers need to be involved. If that hasn't happened then it's at best speculation by the media and at worst it's just some manipulation of the facts for the journo's own agenda.

I think we have overstated the impact which has created it's own story but I think we need to start a media shit list and add the guys that are stirring things up. Tim Watson, Garry Lying, Sam Manure and Tom (not Dales bootlace) Morris are the inductees on my media shit list at the moment. More to come...
    I think it's going to be easier to make a list of people not on the shit list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yep we all heard the rumours but none of us wrote them down and published them as fact.

Tom needs to back down or he will end up without a job.
    If he backs down and admits he failed/made a mistake. What career would he have left?
    His reputation would be shot, and that would be the end of him. No club would go near him anymore.

If it was a lie, he has to go through with it because he has everything to lose.

This is kind of the problem we are seeing now, so many wanna be journo's coming into the picture trying to get the 'next story', when there isn't enough news for all of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, technically both Morris and Bev can be right.

Morris, like many journalists, can just believe that a source that provides information is a quality source. They go to print, and when called out they can claim they reported truthfully. Thereafter an ethical journalist wouldn't use that source again, or at the very least seriously question doing so.

I would suggest in all likelihood the sources would be recruiting personnel at opposition clubs, or a previously employed Bulldogs person with an axe to grind. A good journalist would question the motives.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes hujsh, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Morris, like many journalists, can just believe that a source that provides information is a quality source. They go to print, and when called out they can claim they reported truthfully. Thereafter an ethical journalist wouldn't use that source again, or at the very least seriously question doing so.

I would suggest in all likelihood the sources would be recruiting personnel at opposition clubs, or a previously employed Bulldogs person with an axe to grind. A good journalist would question the motives.
    or he checks the forums and believes what a poster says.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Aren't journos supposed to bring news not make news ?
    I find this a very interesting story in itself as if it happened,it was 6 months ago ,all those players are still with us so what actually is the story?
    I'm backing all managers ring managers and ask who's available, I think the fact they are all still at the dogs makes the story a non story.
    Talk about muck raking that story is the perfect example.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Aren't journos supposed to bring news not make news ?
    I find this a very interesting story in itself as if it happened,it was 6 months ago ,all those players are still with us so what actually is the story?
    I'm backing all managers ring managers and ask who's available, I think the fact they are all still at the dogs makes the story a non story.
    Talk about muck raking that story is the perfect example.
    His story is both Dahl and Libba are up for a contract renewal at the end of the year, and because we shopped them around last year, then his conclusion is we will get rid of them at the end of contract period.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Very logical and kind of annoyed I (or Bevo or Morris for that matter) didn't think of it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    If he backs down and admits he failed/made a mistake. What career would he have left?
    His reputation would be shot, and that would be the end of him. No club would go near him anymore.

If it was a lie, he has to go through with it because he has everything to lose.

This is kind of the problem we are seeing now, so many wanna be journo's coming into the picture trying to get the 'next story', when there isn't enough news for all of them.

I see what you mean and that will probably be Tom's initial stratergy (he doesn't appear to be very bright and it's only the truly stupid who think they can lie effectively) as tge old saying goes "Truth will out."

Bevo doesn't seem to me the type to let this go. He's the last person I'd make a bullshit lie up about then fiercely stick to it when called.