Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  18
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Claim A Lie :- Bevo

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Well, technically both Morris and Bev can be right.

Morris, like many journalists, can just believe that a source that provides information is a quality source. They go to print, and when called out they can claim they reported truthfully. Thereafter an ethical journalist wouldn't use that source again, or at the very least seriously question doing so.

I would suggest in all likelihood the sources would be recruiting personnel at opposition clubs, or a previously employed Bulldogs person with an axe to grind. A good journalist would question the motives.
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking along those lines. There's a real strong hatred/distrust of the media here that I think gets in the way of conclusions like this

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Well, technically both Morris and Bev can be right.

Morris, like many journalists, can just believe that a source that provides information is a quality source. They go to print, and when called out they can claim they reported truthfully. Thereafter an ethical journalist wouldn't use that source again, or at the very least seriously question doing so.

I would suggest in all likelihood the sources would be recruiting personnel at opposition clubs, or a previously employed Bulldogs person with an axe to grind. A good journalist would question the motives.
    If Morris really did have a source I wonder if it is a person who has recently left our club, such as JMac as an example.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    If Morris really did have a source I wonder if it is a person who has recently left our club, such as JMac as an example.
    I doubt it . You don't burn your old club as your new employer will second guess employing you .
    It's a professional league and I think people move on quick without a hatred to improve themselves.
    I don't see any who recently left , left under unfriendly terms.
    Seems the media loves making us the fans think things that are outrageous.
    If you watch that terrible show MAFS it's the perfect example of twisting things to make people watch and read their shows and they are all basically just nonsense drama.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I doubt it . You don't burn your old club as your new employer will second guess employing you .
    It's a professional league and I think people move on quick without a hatred to improve themselves.
    If you watch that terrible show MAFS it's the perfect example of twisting things to make people watch and read their shows and they are all basically just nonsense drama.
    It might depend on the circumstances under which the employee left. A flippant comment here or there can also be easily construed multiple ways.

The other scenario I mentioned might play out like Dodo or another recruiter telling the journo we were shopping around players due to become free agents, starting the uncertainty and speculation early in the piece to unsettle the player and the club. If this occurred, how would the journo verify whether it was true? Do we really think our club would admit to that?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I think it's going to be easier to make a list of people not on the shit list.
    No...the fun is adding these pricks one by one.
    Anyone who has watched a bit of Seinfeld will remember when Elaine Benes boyfriend was banned by Hop Sing's Chinese Food delivery service because she "named names". This is what we need to do with these clowns in the media that are trying to instigate trouble for us just because Bevo is calling them out. I'm not buying this confidentiality crap the journo's use as part of 'their code'. It's time for them to put up or shut up.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Likes Sedat, bornadog, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what they are wanting people to do and that is to turn our own and start doubting the club. We can't fall for that

If the player managers don't challenge Bevo's version of events then the media can get stuffed.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    No...the fun is adding these pricks one by one.
    Anyone who has watched a bit of Seinfeld will remember when Elaine Benes boyfriend was banned by Hop Sing's Chinese Food delivery service because she "named names". This is what we need to do with these clowns in the media that are trying to instigate trouble for us just because Bevo is calling them out. I'm not buying this confidentiality crap the journo's use as part of 'their code'. It's time for them to put up or shut up.

As opposed to "make (something) up and shout (it) out."

Turds.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

The media hounds at it again.

Why am I not surprised.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I believe Luke has been empowered by the AFL's call to cite fake news. This is the era of trump, and alternative facts. If we sued would we have a chance of winning?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    What about our old mate Stringer? It’s not hard to imagine a scenario that when probed about his behaviour and exit he says: “It wasn’t just me, they were trying to get rid of x, y, and z too” and someone taking that as gospel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    What about our old mate Stringer? It’s not hard to imagine a scenario that when probed about his behaviour and exit he says: “It wasn’t just me, they were trying to get rid of x, y, and z too” and someone taking that as gospel.

He might say that but it's exactly that sort of deflection and inability to accept responsibility for his actions that is the reason he is no longer at the Bulldogs. And if he doesn't wake up to himself he will be playing country football for tips before his contract is up at Essendon.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite