Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Always Right Match Committee - Round 21, 2018 vs North Melbourne

Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. This has been named after a long time WOOF member who tragically passed away in March 2018.

Always Right

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 21, 2018 match against North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 21, 2018 vs North Melbourne

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Out: Smith
    In: Biggs

Two head traumas over a few weeks means Roarke misses.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Out: Smith
    In: Biggs

Two head traumas over a few weeks means Roarke misses.
    I think this makes sense. Biggs has a last chance in the balance of the season to reestablish himself. North might load up with tall forwards which might be worth considering.
    Im still very unsure of the value in what the MC sees in Smith but they do seem committed to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think this makes sense. Biggs has a last chance in the balance of the season to reestablish himself. North might load up with tall forwards which might be worth considering.
    Im still very unsure of *the value in what the MC sees in Smith but they do seem committed to him.

I’d consider giving Richards a rest but the cupboard is bare.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    I’d consider giving Richards a rest but the cupboard is bare.
    Its a fine line isnt it? We should be giving him a rest but are more likely to hope he can somehow get though the last few rounds
    There will be quite a few young players who will need a long rest at the end of the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Im still very unsure of the value in what the MC sees in Smith but they do seem committed to him.
    Yep it would not surprise me to see brown, Waite and daw all in the fwd 50
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Its a fine line isnt it? We should be giving him a rest but are more likely to hope he can somehow get though the last few rounds
    There will be quite a few young players who will need a long rest at the end of the season.
    Richards needs to return to his best position in defence. His game has been largely sacrificed in the past few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Biggs has done very little in the past two years to suggest he should be retained. Smith and Lynch are both a work in progress but appear to have more upside.

10. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Would like to see Callum Porter get a game before year end. I thought he was very good in Saturday’s vfl match (albeit against weaker stand alone vfl side) and has been pretty consistent recently. Not sure of the three remaining matches which opponent has strongest midfield - perhaps that’s the game to give him a go. His tackles at vfl level stick and I think he is one if those players that really has a red hot go. So although not like for like i’ll Go for Porter for Smith if he is out due to concussion.

Also think Young’s form has been better than Adam's, and Young might be a bit of a swingman with recent stints forwards (and back where he has been intercepting ball well). Suppose it depends on whether we need another tall defender.

IMO Biggs has not shown much in vfl despite being named in best performed for a few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

No to Biggs. How many times does he have to stink it up before we ignore his VFL form in the last 3 weeks of the season?

If he's not contracted, Biggs should probably be delisted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    No to Biggs. How many times does he have to stink it up before we ignore his VFL form in the last 3 weeks of the season?

I believe he will be delisted.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

Agree he probably should be. You have to wonder what's happened to him in the past 2 years. Did he get his taste of success and that was enough for him? He's as symptomatic of our last 2 years as anyone.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Agree he probably should be. You have to wonder what's happened to him in the past 2 years. Did he get his taste of success and that was enough for him? He's as symptomatic of our last 2 years as anyone.
    He was pretty important to our side in 2016 and was an effective foil to the likes of JJ and Boydy. That last quarter effort in the Grand Final was phenomenal and it's incredible to compare that piece of play to anything he has dished up since.

He's obviously a bit of a knockabout bloke going by his Instagram page. My view is that he's a guy who had to work hard to get on an AFL list (Sydney), had limited opportunities and looked unlikely to forge a career, came to us for next to nothing and struggled early before working hard to find his feet and play at his best in a euphoric Premiership.

He doesn't strike me to be intrinsically motivated like Wallis. Simply put, the taste of success was the pinnacle and enough.

To a degree I can understand it and it's a shame because he has ability, but he looks to have completely checked out so we need to cut him.

16. Likes DOG GOD, S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been told that he wont be on the list next year. Not sure if it is club initiated or player initiated but apparently aside from the money and lifestyle aspect he doesn't really enjoy playing footy professionally and would prefer to play suburban fpoty with his mates.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right