Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  53
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Jack Macrae

Post Thanks / Like

Jack Macrae

It's 4 days from Round 1 and Jack Macrae's 100th game and I have not seen or heard of anything celebrating this all week, other than Bob's article on the club website.

It's Jack's career in a nutshell. He just goes about his job every week, unnoticed but hardly unappreciated by the Bulldog faithful. His last 40 games have been consistently good (some great) and his ability to work his team mates into the game is magical.

Congratulations Jack. Looking forward to many more games for the 'Dogs.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

2. Thanks cinder thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jack Macrae

One of my favourite players, was best on in the granny and has continued to improve. Congrats on 100 games Jacko.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    It's 4 days from Round 1 and Jack Macrae's 100th game and I have not seen or heard of anything celebrating this all week, other than Bob's article on the club website.

It's Jack's career in a nutshell. He just goes about his job every week, unnoticed but hardly unappreciated by the Bulldog faithful. His last 40 games have been consistently good (some great) and his ability to work his team mates into the game is magical.

Congratulations Jack. Looking forward to many more games for the 'Dogs.
    I don't know about unappreciated. On WOOF we were expecting he'd win or come second to Bont in the B&F and were shocked JJ was ahead of him.

5. Likes WBFC4FFC, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The kid is a machine. You don't hear a lot from him, you don't read a lot about him, but he looks, sounds, acts and plays like a footballer. He was sensational in the Grand Final and that's the stage the real champs shine on when they get the chance.

Jack Macrae is a footballer's footballer.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

7. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great player Jack Macrae. I'm expecting another strong season from him. Was excellent last year.

Congratulations on 100 games Jack.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

33 touches in the GF
    Youngest player in history to get 40 touches in a game (43 + 2 goals as a 19 year old)
    Gets no accolades.

Excellent, excellent player. Plus he kicked the sealer against GWS in the prelim
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

10. Likes Go_Dogs, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Most underrated in the AFL when discussing mids. As Bob says in his article, gets smashed time and time again, and just gets up and keeps going.
    Last edited by bornadog; 22-03-2018 at 01:52 PM. Reason: typo
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tremendously underrated, and a key member of our team .
    Well done on 100 games

Post Thanks / Like

Love Jacko. I remember a game at the G against Melbourne in 2016, where a couple of friends of friends scoffed at me when I called him out as being tough as nails.

His ability to hold onto the football until the last minute and take the hit is great for our other midfielders. He would be the complete player if he learned to hit the scoreboard.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Can tell he is not under appreciated by the opposition though, by the amount of work they put into him - on and off the ball. Love this young man. Just needs to kick goals more often, though the important one he kicked in 2016 will remain in our memories forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Jacko - love your hardness in this middle of the ground and your quick hands around the packs
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Jacko. Tremendous player.
    Currently on a streak of 44 consecutive 20+ possession games - which I think sums up how he turns up to play every week.
    Has only had fewer than 20 possessions in a game 11 times in his 99 games - and 4 of those were when he was the sub.
    Highlights are obviously his winning goal in the Prelim, who would ever forget that. The week before, I think he had 16 of his 39 possessions in the third quarter when the game was up for grabs v Hawthorn. Getting him back for that finals series was huge.

Post Thanks / Like

The Club appreciates what he does, rewarding him with a 4-year Contract.

Hence a great example for any other player at the Club. You WILL get rewarded if you are a Team Player.

19. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Would like to see Jack bring back his ‘goose step’. He did it all the time in his first year, to get around players - would love to see him bring it back into his game.

21. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder why he lost that side step? It was a real asset and I can't recall him getting into any trouble doing it. He didn't drop the ball or get tackled because he was trying to do it.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite