Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  53
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Jack Macrae

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jack Macrae

I noticed his long kicking has also improved.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

His physicality is the improvement I've noticed most. He's a genuinely hard inside ball winner.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I noticed his long kicking has also improved.
    He kicked a long one with his right foot too.
    Footscray Football Republic.

5. Likes hujsh, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any chance you can send a copy of this story BAD? (locked out)
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    Can't get it now I am also locked out. I should have copied the story. Not much it in just this that I can get on Google:

BULLDOGS midfielder Jack Macrae helped lead his team to their first win of the year and as a result is now outright second behind Tom Mitchell in the Herald Sun Super Rankings, while Brodie Grundy has surged into the top 5

8. Thanks Smads57 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BULLDOGS midfielder Jack Macrae helped lead his team to their first win of the year and as a result is now outright second behind Tom Mitchell in the Herald Sun Super Rankings, while Brodie Grundy has surged into the top 5
    Soon Tim English will be surging into top 5s of rankings.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

10. Likes Smads57, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing him have the confidence to have a shot (and kicking three last week!) has been awesome to see too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    His physicality is the improvement I've noticed most. He's a genuinely hard inside ball winner.
    Interesting, it’s been my most admired of his attributes for a long time. I rate his usage and spread as his biggest improvement areas recently.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

13. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Interesting, it’s been my most admired of his attributes for a long time. I rate his usage and spread as his biggest improvement areas recently.
    He seems to welcome the contact now and uses his physicality to knock players off the ball and get himself into space. I'm not sure I'd seen that previously. It probably feeds into him having more time and space on the spread.

Hitting the scoreboard will pretty much round him out as the complete player. Sign are good there already.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Yep he's hard as nails Jack. It's not just his ability to physically spread it's also his vision in close as well as down the field where he is increasingly putting it to our advantage by hitting targets in space.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    Jack Macrae now outright second behind Tom Mitchell in Herald Sun Super Rankings
    Gilbert Gardiner, Herald Sun
    April 9, 2018 2:34pm
    Subscriber only

WESTERN Bulldogs midfielder Jack Macrae has skipped to outright second behind Hawthorn ball magnet Tom Mitchell in the official Herald Sun Super Rankings.

Macrae boasts the highest average (131) of any player at Whitten Oval, closely followed by premiership teammate Lachie Hunter, who surged 29 spots to round out the top-10.

SUPER RANKINGS: CLICK HERE FOR EVERY PLAYER RANKING PLUS ROBBO & ANDO’S WEEKLY TOP 20

Silky-skilled Bulldog Macrae has been one of the main beneficiaries of more midfield minutes as premiership coach Luke Beveridge looks to combat the loss of Tom Liberatore (knee), Jake Stringer (traded) and the retirements of prime movers Matthew Boyd and Bob Murphy.

“I started off, the first few years of my career, more on the wing and as an outside player,” Macrae said.

“With ‘Libba’ going done and a few other people retiring and moving on it’s a good opportunity to get inside and have more impact on the game.”

Macrae has already posted career-high numbers for disposals (30), inside 50s (seven), clearances (five), and contested possessions (11).

The Bulldogs effectively played keepings off against Essendon on Sunday, spreading the Bombers defence with pinpoint passes to players in space.

Jack Macrae is now ranked second in the Super Rankings. Picture: Getty
    “It was more just changing the angle of the footy,” Macrae told RSN Breakfast.

“We probably got caught going down the line a bit too often (first two games), so just taking the ball off the line, shifting Essendon’s defence and getting more dangerous inside 50s to our forwards.”
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

17. Thanks Twodogs, bornadog, Smads57 thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

47 consecutive games (and counting) for Jacko having 20 possessions or more.

19. Likes Mofra, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    47 consecutive games (and counting) for Jacko having 20 possessions or more.
    I wonder what the record is?

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what the record is?
    Josh Kennedy had 68 consecutive 20-plus possession games, and that run ended in round 19 last year.
    Currently Danger has had 54, Treloar 52 and Macrae 47.

22. Thanks bornadog, Mofra thanked for this post