Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
I'm glad you pointed this out, because it only supports what Katie and the club are doing.

The women's league has had to put up with enough 'compromises' simply to get a league started. Now they're being told that they're not going to be treated the same at the tribunal.

And the idea that we should say nothing because we're in a Grand Final is absurd.

As others have pointed out elsewhere, Andrew Dunkley and Barry Hall played in grand finals because they went to court to challenge tribunal suspensions. Katie is doing less than that, and yet she's still the bad guy. The criticism levelled at her has hovered between comical and bloody minded all week.

Katie and the club both have my backing.

So just to be clear, the women should put up with a different set of rules and simply be grateful for the opportunity to play?

And yes, I am putting words in your mouth and I make no apology for it.
It takes time to set up a competition and umpires and officials deserve a bit of respect too, otherwise we cannot get young umpires and officials. Yes, hopefully over time women play football from a young age, are paid the same or as close as possible and have the same opportunities, but it takes time. They cannot kick as far, have not had the chance to condition their bodies as much, so the league is trying to develop a game to suit the woman. Would you like to have exactly the same rules for AFLW at this point? Have you taken note of the extremely high number of serious knee issues in the AFLW of late?