Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulldog fight needs to be back next Sunday

What a dissapointing day it was. Our lack of fight in the game was awful and so many players not putting in and applying that pressure which we did for like 5-10 minutes.

Need a complete 180 in our performance next week if we are going to beat the Eagles back home. Need a strong start and that manic pressure needs to return. It will be for most woofers the first game of attendance for the season so they better put in.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 26-03-2018 at 05:20 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldog fight needs to be back next Sunday

The Eagles played well today, big test for us next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Bring our best and we can beat any side even more so at home. I am confident of a big turn around It's certainly called for.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

5. Likes Ghost Dog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish I shared your optimism merantau! I too want us to recoup and come out fighting but there was something striking in the manner of the defeat yesterday. I have never seen a team so lacking in intent and fight under bevo. Without being inside the inner sanctum its hard to say what kind of impact losing the experience in games and age we had has had on the group. We are a young team and i'm curious to know the where our list stood in terms of age and games played compared to the resdt of the comp over the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Funke disco View Post
    I wish I shared your optimism merantau! I too want us to recoup and come out fighting but there was something striking in the manner of the defeat yesterday. I have never seen a team so lacking in intent and fight under bevo. Without being inside the inner sanctum its hard to say what kind of impact losing the experience in games and age we had has had on the group. We are a young team and i'm curious to know the where our list stood in terms of age and games played compared to the resdt of the comp over the weekend.
    We were the youngest & most inexperienced.

8. Thanks Funke disco thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Bring our best and we can beat any side even more so at home. I am confident of a big turn around It's certainly called for.
    Which is why I'm a bit puzzled why we are not playing our best side.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    We were the youngest & most inexperienced.
    Was always going to be tough yesterday away from home against a possible premiership favourite but I don't think we expected to lose the way we did.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    What a dissapointing day it was. Our lack of fight in the game was awful and so many players not putting in and applying that pressure which we did for like 5-10 minutes.

Need a complete 360 in our performance next week if we are going to beat the Eagles back home. Need a strong start and that manic pressure needs to return. It will be for most woofers the first game of attendance for the season so they better put in.
    Turning it around 180-degree's is more optimal. A 360 means we end-up where we are at present!

That is all we want - Intensity! Fans demand that and I thought this was a non-negotiable in Bevo's team!

12. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    Turning it around 180-degree's is more optimal. A 360 means we end-up where we are at present!

That is all we want - Intensity! Fans demand that and I thought this was a non-negotiable in Bevo's team!
    Quite right WBFC4FFC I'll change it to 180 in my opening post.

14. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    The Eagles played well today, big test for us next week.
    Yes agree they did alright. We need to be focused and ready right from the start.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Which is why I'm a bit puzzled why we are not playing our best side.
    Because they weren't available/ready
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Quite right WBFC4FFC I'll change it to 180 in my opening post.
    Jason Kidd famously said he was going to turn the Mavs 360-degrees when drafted in the 90's in the NBA! (Unfortunately he did when he was traded for his bad influence in the locker-room at the time)!

Post Thanks / Like

We appear to lack on field leadership with the grit and determination of Morris Murphy MBoyd Picken and Liberatore. The illness of Tom Boyd and injury to Adams also hasn't helped. WCE will be a good test to see where we are really at. Daniel Wallis and Jong have the right attitude and character to provide the hard edge that was lacking against GWS.

20. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"Sunday
    Western Bulldogs vs West Coast (ES) 3:20 PM AEST

It would be hard for the Doggies to recreate their performance in Round One, where they looked like a group of people being forced to do something against their will."

Titus O'Reilly, sage as usual.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

The fight will be back and we are going all the way this year again. All....the....way. If you can do 2016 you can do anything boys!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus