Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 5, 2018 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Pretty stirring/exciting stuff during the third quarter when Melbourne were challenging and got within 6 points and Richmond just relished the contest and found another gear. The three minutes of hot potato footy that ended up with Riewoldt’s goal was very exciting.

The last quarter was a powerful display.
    Have Richmond played 5 straight at the G, I need to check that. They know how to play the ground.

Edit: They have played 4 for 4 wins and lost at Adelaide Oval
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Have Richmond played 5 straight at the G, I need to check that. They know how to play the ground.

Edit: They have played 4 for 4 wins and lost at Adelaide Oval
    Also they have only played 1 team that made the finals last year so far, Adelaide and lost. Blessed with bugger all injuries as well.

In saying that they are a very good team at the minute. Loving Jack "snags" Higgins. Smart player.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

The AFL site lists Darcy Parish with an 86% disposal efficiency today. Apparently if your disposal lands on the MCG that counts because I’m pretty sure all of his disposals hit turf before anything else.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    The AFL site lists Darcy Parish with an 86% disposal efficiency today. Apparently if your disposal lands on the MCG that counts because I’m pretty sure all of his disposals hit turf before anything else.
    One hand off the ground still counts as out!

I think you're right so long as it bounced off the ground and hit another player then it was an efficient disposal.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Stats were useless in the Anzac day game - Essendon had so many "effective" sideways kicks it padded their numbers, and they somehow managed an equal tackle count despite Collingwood's pressure and defensive set up being vastly superior all day.

I did enjoy seeing them lose though. Well done on "winning trade period" though, I'm sure we'll just have to be content with our two first round picks last draft.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Stats were useless in the Anzac day game - Essendon had so many "effective" sideways kicks it padded their numbers, and they somehow managed an equal tackle count despite Collingwood's pressure and defensive set up being vastly superior all day.

I did enjoy seeing them lose though. Well done on "winning trade period" though, I'm sure we'll just have to be content with our two first round picks last draft.
    They won trade period but we won Naughton and Richards.

Serious about Essendon having the same amount of tackles? I'm surprised. Apart from anything else a lot of the Essendon players have really lazy tackling techniques and they give away a lot of free kicks. A lot of the tackles I saw them lay they gave a free kicks away.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm loving that Goddard is getting a kicking today.

Happened to be taking clients to the game yesterday, one of whom is an EFC supporter. Was well satisfied watching Jake miss a sitter from 20m out directly in front.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

8. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Malthouse was scathing of Stringer along the lines of needing the proverbial rocket inserted .
    Mate described their forward half as like the lollipop lady letting everyone through .

Post Thanks / Like

Some of Essendon's kids are average - Parish is a bit of a media darling but he's more vanilla than essence.

11. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Some of Essendon's kids are average - Parish is a bit of a media darling but he's more vanilla than essence.
    I was saying almost the same thing. Parish is tidy and a good ordinary player, but lacks hurt factor and is the least intimidating player in the league. Poor Essendon, to think they spent picks 5 and 6 on Parish and Aaron Francis.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

And doesn't Parish telegraph everthing he is about to do and spend forever actually doing it? I think that's why he is a media darling, commentaters think he has time and space because he makes his target wait because he takes forever to get rid of it and they can see what he is trying to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Any of his possessions which go more than 10m forward miss the target 9 times out of 10
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

That draft was such a big deal for Essendon after their bans. They had 4 top 30 picks and went Parish and Francis as Top 10ers and then Morgan and Redman in the 20s. Hilarious.

16. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    That draft was such a big deal for Essendon after their bans. They had 4 top 30 picks and went Parish and Francis as Top 10ers and then Morgan and Redman in the 20s. Hilarious.
    They were lucky to be in the competition.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They were lucky to be in the competition.
    They shouldn't have had any picks in the 2016 draft. It was a farce they kept their number 1 pick.