Kirsty Lamb - 107
    Lauren Spark - 106
    Libby Birch - 100
    Jenna Bruton – 98
    Brooke Lochland – 96
    Monique Conti – 95
    Hannah Scott – 91
    Angelica Gogos – 86

Emma really is a star - hopefully we keep her.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kearney wins second AFLW Best and Fairest

@AnthColangelo
    13h13 hours ago

Emma Kearney wins the Bulldogs b&f to go with her AFLW b&f, AFLCA b&f. Asked what makes her so good, she tells those gathered at Crown Palladium: “I just f***ing hate losing!”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    @AnthColangelo
    13h13 hours ago

Emma Kearney wins the Bulldogs b&f to go with her AFLW b&f, AFLCA b&f. Asked what makes her so good, she tells those gathered at Crown Palladium: “I just f***ing hate losing!”
    That's funny. I hate *!*!*!*!ing losing too!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw a report stating she has informed the Bulldogs that she will be playing for North Melbourne next season.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Just saw a report stating she has informed the Bulldogs that she will be playing for North Melbourne next season.
    There was a report a month ago North were offering bigger dollars, so not surprised.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently full time work as well. Reporting that she is leaving her job at AFL house.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Apparently full time work as well. Reporting that she is leaving her job at AFL house.
    I remember seeing someone post on Woof early on in the AFLW season that she was likely to go to North. I think they also mentioned she was a North supporter and obviously captaining the club would be a big drawcard.

If someone on the forum knew it was on the cards, surely the club did too. We mustn’t have had a comparable position for her because surely if we did we would have tried to match or better North’s offer. This is the equivalent of having Bontempelli let us know he is leaving.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to Emma.
    She needs to do what is best for her.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

10. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Each club only gets two marquee players, and we have our two captains KB and Ellie in those roles. They get paid a premium to others.

Good luck to Emma, the new clubs are going to ream all of the Victorian clubs but if we hold onto KB, Blackburn, Scott and our new young players we will still be well placed. Based on the proposed system we will lose another two at least though.

Compensation will be interesting though. Can't imagine we'll get much because they will be wanting to make the new teams strong.

Post Thanks / Like

Imagine the outrage if Dustin Martin had gone to the Tigers after last season and told them he was going to play for the Sydney Swans because he supported them as a boy and they had offered a multi-million dollar full time job once his career as a player was done. Or Bont. Or Fyfe.

Only a mercenary forgoes loyality to chase the Benjamins. Money is the root of all that is evil in professional sport.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Same same but different, the SANFL Womens comp went from 4 teams to 6 this year, Glenelg had 3 or 4 drafted and of their top 10 players I'd guess 5 or 6 went to one of the new clubs, as such Glenelg has only won one match this year and ex players regularly on the bests for the other sides.

Post Thanks / Like

What are the rules around free agency, salary caps and drafts in AFLW? I'm not a follower of the comp but it sounds like AFL makey-uppey at work. Loop holes in the tribunal system and loop holes in the FA and draft system.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Emma is a Melbourne Uni girl ... she played all of her footy with them. Their alignment with North Melbourne Women's team meant it was always going to be hard to keep her at the Western Oval once Norf came into the competition.

As reigning Bulldogs B&F and reigning AFLW B&F, I would hope there would be good compensation ... two end of first round picks should do it.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Emma is a Melbourne Uni girl ... she played all of her footy with them. Their alignment with North Melbourne Women's team meant it was always going to be hard to keep her at the Western Oval once Norf came into the competition.

As reigning Bulldogs B&F and reigning AFLW B&F, I would hope there would be good compensation ... two end of first round picks should do it.
    She just won a flag, best and fairest and league best and fairest with the dogs...dare say slightly bigger pull than a uni team. Its money related and fair enough too.

17. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    She just won a flag, best and fairest and league best and fairest with the dogs...dare say slightly bigger pull than a uni team. Its money related and fair enough too.
    She has also been offered a full time job