After last week, the one thing I expected (above everything and anything else) was a physical response.

Say whatever you want about the first quarter - about effort, scoring, whatever else - all of it is WRONG. Whether we were 2 points down or 10 goals up I wouldn't have cared...to lay a total of 7x tackles in one quarter the week after an 82-point defeat is just not on.

Where are our heads at? Have we forgotten that football is a contact sport and that we might (just maybe) be well advised to go out on the ground and INITIATE SOME CONTACT?

I know the players aren't gutless and I know they aren't scared but they are not approaching the game with the correct mindset at the moment and the outcome of that is 7x tackles in the first quarter the week after a pretty embarrassing loss.

Watching Port play Sydney in the game after ours was a clear reminder of exactly how far we have fallen...after a poor first half, they came out and really fought the fight in q3 with Boak leading from the front. Us? Well, our skipper played in his usual position in the back half - you know, the spot he was selected in the All-Australian side in? And he proceeded to allow Liam Ryan (in his 2nd game) a 2 metre cushion in a marking contest...and Ryan did what anyone who has watched him in the last couple of years knew he would do - left up and took the mark (thankfully he missed the goal). For goodness sake, take a body, take his run and just compete...

Basketball. We are playing basketball. It is all about zoning off and ball movement and goodness knows what else.

Tackle someone. Make a physical impact. Play footy.