Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there something going on behind the scenes at Whitten Oval

Just trying to find some answers to our poor start to 2018 and poor flag defence of 2017.

Everything was good after 2015 and in 2016 leading to a amazing premiership but I can't help think even during those years right in there that there was boardroom infighting or something. Quite a number of CEO's have come and gone under Gordon's watch.

Peter Gordon is great and we owe him a lot for the fightback in 1989, putting money into the club over the year, getting the VFL and AFLW teams up and running, Ballarat, Sons of the West Mens and Womens Health programs - but is there something maybe with how he does things behind the scenes. I really hope the feud better Peter and Susan gets sorted as she is still a great asset to the club.

Would be interested to get woofers take on this.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is there something going on behind the scenes at Whitten Oval

There is always tension at board level at football clubs. Some boards accept it and uses that tension in a energetic way to fuel the rest of the club. Other boards will let the tension envelop the whole organisation. The wheels grind to a halt because everyone is angry/tense/frustrated and they just go through the motions and before long that is the attitude that flows through the entire club.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of circumstantial evidence pointing to things being somewhat amiss.

The shine has come right off Bevo's coaching tenure now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    A lot of circumstantial evidence pointing to things being somewhat amiss.

The shine has come right off Bevo's coaching tenure now.
    He has lost his mojo completely. He desperately needs a win this week (we all need a win this week, players, supporters, office staff, the coaches and footy department-everyone) but it's hard to see that happening.

Post Thanks / Like

Going by what we see on field, something is wrong.

6. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing is going on behind the scenes. We have a very young squad, we have injuries to major players and we need to desperately get some experience back in the side from players that have had an interrupted preseason.

I want, Wallis, Dickson, Tom Boyd, Redpath, Biggs (if he warrants it after Saturday) back in.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Going by what we see on field, something is wrong.
    That's the sense I'm getting. There must be something permeating through the club that we may not be aware because we have dropped dramatically since winning the 2016 premiership. A lot on here weren't as satisfied in what Peter Gordon had to say on the radio last week.

I do get though we have injuries to important players but I don't think that's a factor to the overall effort as having injuries can actually galvanise a group.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 02-04-2018 at 07:57 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

We have become Collingwood - grossly overrating our players.

Fact is that we have the worst list in the AFL - the results on the field since mid 2017 are proof of this. Dalrymple and McCartney realised this and left for greener pastures.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post

Fact is that we have the worst list in the AFL - the results on the field since mid 2017 are proof of this. Dalrymple and McCartney realised this and left for greener pastures.
    Interesting take.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

They realised they had picked the wrong players? They were in charge of our list and recruiting.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t agree with this .

Post Thanks / Like

Not so sure about this. I think there are players that are struggling at this level but there is a lot of quality on there as well. We didn't all of a sudden go bad in 2017 because of the list as there were only a few players from the premiership team that left.

There are many important players out of form including Bont. For whatever reason we just are not working hard enough as a team. If we can replicate the 1st quarter from yesterday another 3 times next week we are a chance.

14. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Not so sure about this. I think there are players that are struggling at this level but there is a lot of quality on there as well. We didn't all of a sudden go bad in 2017 because of the list as there were only a few players from the premiership team that left.

There are many important players out of form including Bont. For whatever reason we just are not working hard enough as a team. If we can replicate the 1st quarter from yesterday another 3 times next week we are a chance.
    Damn straight Easty. It sounds so simple when you put it like that.

16. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Damn straight Easty. It sounds so simple when you put it like that.
    At the game yesterday I thought at qtr time we are right in this. The 2nd quarter really lost it for us. Just awful that quarter.

Sure we did a little better in the 2nd half but simply not good enough. I liked Bailey Dale's Goal yesterday but he wasn't influential as much forward - would have liked to see more. Dunkley, Gowers did try to give us something forward but there kicking let them down so no good.

Post Thanks / Like

We need a motivational speaker this week at the Whitten Oval.