Thanks Thanks:  101
Likes Likes:  40
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vale always right

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Twodogs and I have been discussing a coupe of options.
    A coupe of options.......I think AR might have been able to have a bit of fun with that G.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    A coupe of options.......I think AR might have been able to have a bit of fun with that G.
    I need to be more awake when I post
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Yeah. A small grove of trees was what we were thinking.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

R.I.P. always , and thoughts and prayers with family and friends

Post Thanks / Like

RIP Always. Sympathies to family and friends.

Post Thanks / Like

Terrible. I always enjoyed his input and pointing out when he was wrong. My condolences to his family, he seemed like a good guy.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Hi guys thanks for all the kind messages of support, I am Stephens son.

The Bulldogs were a huge part of my dads life. Because of him our family are all passionate supporters, and we regularly have a group of 12+ attend games together.

Dad was a loud, funny and witty guy, particularly at the footy, and usually was the most vocal of our group.

We were lucky enough to travel as a family to a few games in recent years boasting a 100% win record interstate, with trips to Cairns, Adelaide, Sydney and Brisbane. This included the 2016 finals series, where we rode the wave and attended every game except for the Perth final, in what was a truly incredible month. I am incredibly glad that he (and we) got to experience the joy and excitement that month brought, and something our entire family got to celebrate together. Travelling up to GWS remains the best decision we have ever made as a family and the 5 minutes immediately after that game were amazing.

He has always enjoyed posting and reading WOOF as shown by his posting history and was never one to hold back his thoughts. Originally he would sign up to opposition forums after we had beaten them and then, posing as a fellow supporter, would post about how they just weren't as good a side as the Bulldogs and how he wished they could emulate the Bulldogs success. He was always very proud of his forum name (significantly better than my teenage effort) and thought it made his posts that little bit more potent. He was also the owner of several accounts on BigFooty after cracking the shits with the posting there and declaring he was gone, only to come crawling back after the next win. Credit to the posters here that he only needed the one account.

Thanks for all the kind messages in this thread, it is appreciated by his family, some others of which also post on here (Pickle and wannaknowmore).
    Thanks, soupaman, for sharing those family memories with us. Your Dad was obviously a larger than life character who will be remembered fondly by all who got to know him. And, it is obvious from all the tributes here that he was a well respected and much liked member of this forum.
    I expect that as the years roll by your family memories of him, especially those football memories, will remain crystal clear. Passion has a way of doing that. Shared joy, shared pure emotion, be it the elation of victory or the devastation of defeat, has a way of imprinting itself on our memories and I expect that those memories of, for example, the amazing end to our 2016 Finals Campaign, will be a rich source of comfort for you and your family in times to come. I'm sure you won't have any difficulty recalling the expression on your Dad's face and the sound of his cheering as you all shared such a joyous experiece together.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Such sad news. Condolences to you Soupaman and hold those precious memories tight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Thanks, soupaman, for sharing those family memories with us. Your Dad was obviously a larger than life character who will be remembered fondly by all who got to know him. And, it is obvious from all the tributes here that he was a well respected and much liked member of this forum.
    I expect that as the years roll by your family memories of him, especially those football memories, will remain crystal clear. Passion has a way of doing that. Shared joy, shared pure emotion, be it the elation of victory or the devastation of defeat, has a way of imprinting itself on our memories and I expect that those memories of, for example, the amazing end to our 2016 Finals Campaign, will be a rich source of comfort for you and your family in times to come. I'm sure you won't have any difficulty recalling the expression on your Dad's face and the sound of his cheering as you all shared such a joyous experiece together.

Yep, my dad still stands next to us at the footy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yep, my dad still stands next to us at the footy.
    Thanks to all for the kind comments regarding my brother Stephen (Always right)

Just a bit about Stephen who was as passionate a bulldog supporter that I have ever come across. I am 8 years his junior and still remember catching the train out to Whitten Oval from Glen Waverley on he red rattler to then stand on the terrace in the forward pocket in front of the John Gent stand.
    He was the most vocal and funny person at the football and god help you if he got you in his sights both on the field and off.
    On occasions as a young kid I lived in fear as I thought someone would turn around and punch him from the opposition supporters as he was very witty and would bring other supporters down with out swearing but through humour and making them look & feel very stupid.
    I remember he had Stephen Silvagni in his sights at Princess park one day and we were behind the goals and he was giving it to him relentlessly and Silvagni new this and looked straight back at him and rolled his eyes in a way that he was saying you have got me I am done. McInerney was another common target of his.
    His writing on this forum was always insightful and was what I would always go straight to when reading on this forum.

Its funny he worked at the HWT where he was fairly high up and in my mind could easily have been a scribe with in the paper.
    He was a great family man and was responsible for having many people change club elegance and become bulldog members through making the football match an enjoyable experience when they would go with his and my family.

He will be truly missed on this forum and in my life.

RIP Always right! (Stephen)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wannaknowmore View Post

Just a bit about Stephen who was as passionate a bulldog supporter that I have ever come across. I am 8 years his junior and still remember catching the train out to Whitten Oval from Glen Waverley on he red rattler to then stand on the terrace in the forward pocket in front of the John Gent stand.
    He was the most vocal and funny person at the football and god help you if he got you in his sights both on the field and off.
    On occasions as a young kid I lived in fear as I thought someone would turn around and punch him from the opposition supporters as he was very witty and would bring other supporters down with out swearing but through humour and making them look & feel very stupid.
    I remember he had Stephen Silvagni in his sights at Princess park one day and we were behind the goals and he was giving it to him relentlessly and Silvagni new this and looked straight back at him and rolled his eyes in a way that he was saying you have got me I am done. McInerney was another common target of his.
    His writing on this forum was always insightful and was what I would always go straight to when reading on this forum.

Its funny he worked at the HWT where he was fairly high up and in my mind could easily have been a scribe with in the paper.
    He was a great family man and was responsible for having many people change club elegance and become bulldog members through making the football match an enjoyable experience when they would go with his and my family.

I reckon I can remember that.

One time at Western Oval a bloke standing near me at the scoreboard end was getting stuck into Mark Jackson about how ugly he was. "Jesus you're an ugly bastard Jackson" and on and on until about halfway through the third quarter when Jacko kicks a goal from the goal square and stands there looking into the crowd. This bloke yells out "I don't care how many goals you kick mate, you're not getting any better looking." Does that sound like him?

13. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

RIP Stephen/AR.

Condolences to the family. His great contributions will be missed, but not forgotten. Glad he got to see that 2016 triumph.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Twodogs and I have been discussing a couple of options.
    What about an "Always Right" thread prior to each round where we can make a prediction of something we think is definitely going to happen?

Then at the end of the game it can be revisited for one to brag or be bashed over?
    "It's over. It's all over."

16. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for giving us a bit of insight into your brother, and really sorry for your loss.

I use to stand in between the players race and umpires race in front of the John Gent stand. Is this where AR stood? There were many characters around me those days - something I miss.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

AR not on his Pat Malone there! I still feel queasy whenever he is scheduled for one of our matches.

Hope you and Soupaman and the rest of your clan are finding some small solace from the woof community.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"