Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

Daniel capable of becoming next Sam Mitchell

Daniel “capable” of becoming next Mitchell

Five-time premiership player Dermott Brereton has heaped praise over Western Bulldog Caleb Daniel, saying he has the abilities to become the next Sam Mitchell.

Daniel played his best game of 2018 in the win over Essendon on the weekend, recording 27 disposals, nine intercepts and eight score involvements, and Brereton believes he shows similar traits to Mitchell.

“I look at him and think, he is a serious player,” the Hawthorn champion told SEN Afternoons.

“Sam Mitchell was small. To me, of everyone playing now, he is the most capable of becoming the next Sam Mitchell.

“Finding the ball in traffic, side step, and then putting the ball to advantage.”

Mitchell was lauded for his ability to use both feet and find space and time when there seemed to be none.

His decorated career concluded last year, after winning a Brownlow Medal and four premierships.

Daniel has become a cult hero amongst Dogs fans, and will look to continue his strong form on Saturday afternoon against Sydney.

link
    Last edited by bornadog; 09-04-2018 at 02:45 PM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks Dry Rot thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dahlhaus set to wait out contract

Might need a title adjustment

Post Thanks / Like

Daniel “capable” of becoming next Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Might need a title adjustment
    Yeah, I tried to replace the original post as it had been posted under Contracts.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Daniel capable of becoming next Sam Mitchell

Title now more appropriate.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is he enough of a single minded @ss to become Sam Mitchell? Some of the stories of the way he treated his team-mates are not great...I dont get the feeling that sort of behaviour is not part of Caleb's makeup.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Is he enough of a single minded @ss to become Sam Mitchell? Some of the stories of the way he treated his team-mates are not great...I dont get the feeling that sort of behaviour is not part of Caleb's makeup.
    I thought the same thing when I read this. Sam Mitchell should be flattered to be compared to Daniel, not the other way around.
    I hope our players just turn right off the media for this season. Go team.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus