Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  38
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 10, 2018 vs Collingwood

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    It's gonna be fascinating to see how we structure up tonight. It's been a long time since we've had such a numerical advantage in the big man department:

Dogs >193; 6 - Boyd 200, Roughy 200, Schache 199, Trengove 197, Cordy 193, Bont 193.
    Pies >193; 3 - Cox 211, Grundy 203, Reid 196.
    Would it go back as far as when we were lining up with Dempsey, Quinlan, Sandilands, Templeton and Ian Salmon or the like?

The game has changed a bit. The only player out of that forrest of talls listed there who is taller than the Bont is Gary Dempsey. And Dempsey is only 4 CMs taller.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Dunks is not one of our slowest midfielders. Would be amongst the quickest at the club.
    I'd like to see them play Dunks down back like his old man did. Let him run at the ball and start taking his grabs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    I'd like to see them play Dunks down back like his old man did. Let him run at the ball and start taking his grabs.
    In this day and age the better kicks are behind the ball an poorer kicks in front of the ball, it's reverse world from 20 years ago.

Dunkley still has fantastic hands and long term will be a player, getting him to do the basics in the VFL for a few weeks won't hurt him.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What are people's thoughts on defensive roles? Collingwood have a few midfielders who can use it really well - Sidebottom, Treloar, Pendlebury, but I'm not sure who we've got best suited to play a run with role. Maybe Dahlhaus to Sidebottom?