Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  136
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why are the Demons still so piss weak in 2018?

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Momentum is everything in footy and everything is falling Melbourne's way at the moment.
    Just like it is for Richmond?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Harmes in that negating role has been fantastic. Couple that with Brayshaw, Viney who is built for finals they're a decent side as unlikeable as they are ( apparently dogs players most hated opponent ) . Has any player turned it around like Tom McDonald. Average defender into gun forward. Not sure I've seen it before.
    Whatever magic dust they are showering on some of these players, we need some of it.
    Melksham: his become a really good player this year. Was an ordinary player at essendon.
    Jetta: commentators mentioned his one of the best defenders for his side.
    Tom Macdonald: Where has he come from? His a marking beast, and gives them the marking forward and bring ball to ground option. Where can we find someone like him?

I hate it how they pitch Hannan of us.

Harmes is a fair footballer

Viney spin and weave to feed off the ball was amazing.

Interesting McCartney is their Player/Performance manager. Results are showing in some of the young players.

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne are up and running, they seem to have adjusted and addressed the major flaws. I think they have one more big stuff up in them though.

4. Likes Dry Rot, craigsahibee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thread isn’t aging that well.

6. Likes azabob, jeemak, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post

Let's just wait until we award them the premiership. They have won two finals, they are only halfway.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's just wait until we award them the premiership. They have won two finals, they are only halfway.
    Nobody is awarding them the premiership.
    But as much as I'm not enjoying it - they have stood up under the pressure of two MCG finals against teams that have far more experience in finals. They've been anything but 'pissweak', and although I don't think they will win it this year - they are well placed to contend for a few years.

9. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobody is awarding them the premiership.
    But as much as I'm not enjoying it - they have stood up under the pressure of two MCG finals against teams that have far more experience in finals. They've been anything but 'pissweak', and although I don't think they will win it this year - they are well placed to contend for a few years.
    I thought about it the other day and I'd like to see them get what we got in 2016, it's enough acting like the Grinch from me, and for as long as I can avoid most of their actual supporters I think I can keep up the goodwill.

It's just when I see their smug bastard supporters anywhere-even on the TV with the sound muted. It only takes a glimpse of Barrasi or Gaddy or one of the Cordners or some old duck that remembers how good it used to be when Norm *!*!*!*!ing Smith used to the coach that gets me thinking "I so very much hate these people with a passion. How very dare they draw on us for inspiration"
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about it the other day and I'd like to see them get what we got in 2016, it's enough acting like the Grinch from me, and for as long as I can avoid most of their actual supporters I think I can keep up the goodwill.

It's just when I see their smug bastard supporters anywhere-even on the TV with the sound muted. It only takes a glimpse of Barrasi or Gaddy or one of the Cordners or some old duck that remembers how good it used to be when Norm *!*!*!*!ing Smith used to the coach that gets me thinking "I so very much hate these people with a passion. How very dare they draw on us for inspiration"
    I was concerned you’d mellowed.

I don’t want ANYONE to experience our fairytale. And they really are objectionable.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

So in your opinion if both Melbourne and Richmond can’t win the premiership cause they are not good enough who does?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    So in your opinion if both Melbourne and Richmond can’t win the premiership cause they are not good enough who does?
    Ray Chamberlain.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Ray Chamberlain.
    Surely he is done for the year?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Surely he is done for the year?
    Do you mean career? Because that would be my preference.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

They've only beaten two even more pissweak teams in the finals so far.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

17. Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I am growing as a person. Last week I actually had $10 on Melbourne to win by a margin of 43 - 60. At one stage there I had to take a good hard look at myself when I was criticising the umpires for paying dodgy contact below the knees free kicks against them.

I must admit, their best footy is fantastic, but, Like watching Richo Man, their worst is even better.

I think they're the only ones who can shake the Tigers at the 'G at the end of the month, but overcoming West Coast is going to be tough. They do have the momentum which we all know is a very good thing. Part of me would like to see their fairytale end this week, but the other part of me would like to see them come crashing down on the biggest stage of all. Hang on. I really haven't "grown" at all have I?
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    They've only beaten two even more pissweak teams in the finals so far.
    Yeah I got sick of hearing the excuse why my team was winning in the 2016 finals.

Time to suck it up and give credit's where it's due, even if they get beat in Perth they've moved further into finals than anyone thought they would.

20. Likes azabob liked this post