Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  136
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why are the Demons still so piss weak in 2018?

I just knew they had another performance like that in them. There is a hubris about them, a sense of entitlement that poisons the story they are trying to tell about themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn’t get over how weak they were in the contest yesterday! Viney, Jones, Oliver etc looked so timid. Just a horrendous performance, it’s like they just expected it to happen
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Geez you guys are too much. I'm at the airport now and I've seen a few Melbourne supporters and my heart breaks for them. It wasn't long ago we had a drought that seemed like it never was going to end. I don't know how so many of you could experience so much glee in another teams failure. Kind of sad really.

4. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Couldn’t get over how weak they were in the contest yesterday! Viney, Jones, Oliver etc looked so timid. Just a horrendous performance, it’s like they just expected it to happen
    Viney was a 'courageous warrior' yesterday according to the desdshits on Ch 7. That flop trying to get a reversal on McGovern was Riewoldt 2009 PF levels of courageous.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

6. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread aged ok after all

*phew*
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

8. Likes Dry Rot, craigsahibee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Geez you guys are too much. I'm at the airport now and I've seen a few Melbourne supporters and my heart breaks for them. It wasn't long ago we had a drought that seemed like it never was going to end. I don't know how so many of you could experience so much glee in another teams failure. Kind of sad really.
    Consider it karmic justice for the Jeff White on Wayde Skipper travesty.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

My biggest problem with them was that the supporters and team seemed to think that it should just all fall into place for them - Dogs drought over, then Richmond's, must be our turn. And they just didn't even give a whimper yesterday.

Mind you, if the same had happened to us in Sydney I would have been beyond crushed.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

11. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The fairytale narrative around Melbourne's 'unlikely rise' has been a complete sham.

They tanked for early picks, had huge amounts of support from the AFL to keep them afloat (priority picks, AFL funded administration & coach, Frawley compensation) and have always had a blockbuster fixture no matter how woeful they've been (Queen's Birthday) while our Club has had to fight and scrap for everything. Of course they should be rising up the ladder...they've been **** for over a decade and have a list chock full of first rounders.

They also have some A grade dickheads playing for them (Oliver & Petracca top of the list) and their fans have become increasingly smug over the last 12 months with very little to warrant it.

So, yeah...I was pretty happy to see their true colours revealed on the big stage yesterday.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

BORDERLINE FLYING

14. Likes Topdog, boydogs, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

Grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

At least the Dees seconds kicked some goals in the first quarter.

Promote them all to the firsts next year!
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    At least the Dees seconds kicked some goals in the first quarter.

Promote them all to the firsts next year!
    Funny, they were the highest scoring team of the year, yet couldn't kick goals in the first half. Just goes to show, if you don't work hard enough, you won't get the ball.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

They have nothing but contempt for us and what we do. They thought all they had to do was remember to get to the airport on time and everything would fall into place.

That shows a complete lack of respect for our premiership win. They think it's that simple because everything they have 'achieved' has been handed to them on a plate. It's a pretty simple equation. They get some respect from supporters when they have earned it and not before. The AFL will keep providing them with the goodies though.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

19. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Titus should be in tip-top form this week. Will have a look.

"Richmond fans simply sat there in shock thinking, ‘this is going to be hard to top for the worst performance in a Preliminary final this weekend’.

It wasn’t. "

What follows next is pretty funny writing.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Red and blue had a shocker this weekend all the losers in WAFL SANFL,AFL and VFL were those colours.
    Bring back the biff

22. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post