Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 287 Days: Lin Jong and the Bulldog spirit

Quote Originally Posted by wimberga View Post
    I have it on good authority Jongy has a 2 year deal in front of him and it is pretty much a done deal that he is staying with us.

Has had a torrid time with injury so I suspect he feels two things:

1 - the club has done right by him in helping and backing him through what has been a very interrupted few years and
    2 - the love of Bevo. Jongy must really feel that Bevo rates him highly and if he could just get himself right would be given many games by Bevo.
    If that’s the case, I hope he signs on.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

I love your signature Dog God. Number 16 was, and always will be David Thorpe to me. And yes, I am that old.

Having said that, Toby did take it to the premiership, that has to count for something.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

3. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    I love your signature Dog God. Number 16 was, and always will be David Thorpe to me. And yes, I am that old.

Having said that, Toby did take it to the premiership, that has to count for something.
    Haha oh yes David Thorpe lol...yeah McLean is certainly doing the number justice...it just sucked that Griff was my fave player at the time, and going to the plastics was the worst case scenario.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

So at the last contract with Jong all The journos had him going to the pies, two years later he signs another two year contract with us, just shows how the journos are just a story telling headlining load of twats who really have no idea and try putting two and two together and get five.
    Sloane , McGovern being others they got wrong, what makes me irk is how they are not going out for the idiots they are and just move on to another bullshit story they make up in their heads.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    So at the last contract with Jong all The journos had him going to the pies, two years later he signs another two year contract with us, just shows how the journos are just a story telling headlining load of twats who really have no idea and try putting two and two together and get five.
    Sloane , McGovern being others they got wrong, what makes me irk is how they are not going out for the idiots they are and just move on to another bullshit story they make up in their heads.
    Umm isn't McGovern actually leaving and they weren't off the mark on Jong going to Collingwood considering he got busted touring their facilities.

7. Likes Topdog, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It was the other McGovern they were adamant was leaving but re-signed.
    And yeah he visited but stayed with us and now signed another two years .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Pointing at a story that they get wrong and saying 'shows what they know' is about as intellectually valid as pointing to ones they get right and saying 'look at the oracle'. Sometimes some journos speculate and get it wrong. Sometimes journos have good sources and things change after the fact.

10. Likes Axe Man, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That was some pretty good authority you had it on there wimberga

12. Thanks wimberga thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    That was some pretty good authority you had it on there wimberga
    Thanks TD.

I have been in the wilderness for a little while with my posts but am hoping to get back more involved here. I have some good sources where these things are concerned so will try to pass through what I can, when I can.

14. Likes hujsh, Mofra, azabob, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sloane has acknowledged that it was a very difficult decision for him between remaining in Adelaide and returning home to Victoria with his pregnant wife (tragically their baby passed away).

West Coast McGovern was clearly weighing up some big offers before re-signing.

The vast majority of the reporting on these two didn't claim they were definitely leaving, just that they were weighing up their future, which is clearly what occurred.

Sometimes jounos are way off the mark but your examples here are even further off the mark.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wimberga View Post
    I have it on good authority Jongy has a 2 year deal in front of him and it is pretty much a done deal that he is staying with us.
    Now please apply some authority on the Bont’s contract. Thank you.😀
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

17. Likes Eastdog liked this post