Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things I have learned- Round 5, 2018 edition V Fremantle

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Schache played something like 25 senior AFL games at Brisbane. He's got a few games in his legs.
    Needs a lot more ASAP.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Needs a lot more ASAP.
    He does.

Actually what he really needs is a good scrubbing with some detoll and a wire brush. Get him out of his own head.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

He does.

Actually what he really needs is a good scrubbing with some detoll and a wire brush. Get him out of his own head.
    Needs confidence and hopefully no more injury setbacks.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Schache played something like 25 senior AFL games at Brisbane. He's got a few games in his legs.
    I want to see him in the forward pocket along side Tom.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Needs a lot more ASAP.
    He does, but if the past 2 decades have proven anything, then we won't be giving him games in the seniors to develop as a key forward. If he's not kicking goals every week he'll be dropped, then we'll start playing him as a ruck, then trying him in defence, then we'll throw him a game here or there in the seniors playing 4 different roles, then he'll be gone for good and we'll lament that we can't unearth any key forwards. Then we'll draft/trade for a couple more and do the same thing.

There's a reason we haven't developed a decent key forward since Chris Grant nearly 30 years ago and it isn't because the players we've selected couldn't make it.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    He does, but if the past 2 decades have proven anything, then we won't be giving him games in the seniors to develop as a key forward. If he's not kicking goals every week he'll be dropped, then we'll start playing him as a ruck, then trying him in defence, then we'll throw him a game here or there in the seniors playing 4 different roles, then he'll be gone for good and we'll lament that we can't unearth any key forwards. Then we'll draft/trade for a couple more and do the same thing.

There's a reason we haven't developed a decent key forward since Chris Grant nearly 30 years ago and it isn't because the players we've selected couldn't make it.
    Even then Chris Grant pretty much won two Brownlows playing at CHB. He was so talented and so determined that even we couldn't break him!

7. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Even then Chris Grant pretty much won two Brownlows playing at CHB. He was so talented and so determined that even we couldn't break him!
    Pretty sure Chris played most of his footy at CHF in 1997, didn't he?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Our year is basically shot, so if there's anything I want to see, it's for us to finally develop Boyd and Schache as key forwards regardless of their ups and downs.

I know Schache has been injured but we really need to get him in the side and inject games into him.

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn’t agree more . We need games into schache, Webb , and Boyd .

Post Thanks / Like

Two of our first year players have played every game this year and we are consistently the most inexperienced team of the 18 fielded each week. I don't think we can accuse the MC of ignoring the kids. If you're not getting a game at present you're either not fit enough or have plenty to work on at VFL level.

Post Thanks / Like

There are a few who've been around for a while now that we need to really figure out if they have a future with us as AFL players. Webb is top of that list. One of those players that gets plenty of it at VFL level but when he gets to AFL you wonder how exactly he gets the ball since.

Speaking of can someone tell me how Webb goes about getting 30 disposals for Footscray? Big tank? Winning his own ball? I'd be interested to hear where people feel it falls apart at AFL level.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Pretty sure Chris played most of his footy at CHF in 1997, didn't he?

Yeah your'e right. Partially. Craig Ellis took over his role at CHB that year but was it from round 1 or did Ellis gradually replace him after a few rounds, I can't remember.

Post Thanks / Like

Ellis played from the get go at CHB and was nearly picked for Victoria
    Granty was CHB in 96

Post Thanks / Like

You've well and truly established your thoughts about players being played out of position and I respect that, but quite frankly these rants are becoming tiresome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    You've well and truly established your thoughts about players being played out of position and I respect that, but quite frankly these rants are becoming tiresome.
    Here here.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.