Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

We need to be out in force on Friday night

It has been a tough start to 2018 with some poor performances to start the year and the 16 flag seeming quite a long time ago now but this is when we need our members and supporters the most on Friday night a marquee timeslot at Etihad Stadium to get us to victory in a important game now for reasons we didn't want to be in.

I should be there.

I'll be in the Whitten Social club at half time if any woofers want to catch up.

Carn the Dogs!
    Last edited by Eastdog; 24-04-2018 at 10:42 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: We need to be out in force on Friday night

Damn straight Easty. We need to turn out in numbers on Friday night.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

3. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Saints v GWS last Saturday 14K. Sure it was against the plastics but still a poor turnout from them.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

We need to win
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Saints v GWS last Saturday 14K. Sure it was against the plastics but still a poor turnout from them.

Give the Saints another blockbuster fixture, they've earned it! Surely we must have something left that the AFL can take off us? Players? Sponsors? Coaches? We could pay them and they could do their work at Moorabbin. Premiership medals? Maybe they could take them away from our players and give them to more deserving players like Rievoldt? Poor *!*!*!*!ing Velvet Trousers cheated to try and win a flag and never got one. Give him Zaine Cordy's!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Give the Saints another blockbuster fixture, they've earned it! Surely we must have something left that the AFL can take off us? Players? Sponsors? Coaches? We could pay them and they could do their work at Moorabbin. Premiership medals? Maybe they could take them away from our players and give them to more deserving players like Rievoldt? Poor *!*!*!*!ing Velvet Trousers cheated to try and win a flag and never got one. Give him Zaine Cordy's!
    Sssshhhh don't give the AEFL any idea's.

I still love the fact that that diver never won a premiership. And even better that he almost was a premiership player, almost, so close, he could just about smell it, but he's not. Such a shame.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

9. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We need to win
    We need to have a good strong start and really take control of the game from there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post

I still love the fact that that diver never won a premiership. And even better that he almost was a premiership player, almost, so close, he could just about smell it, but he's not. Such a shame.
    I'm bleeding for him

Post Thanks / Like

Two more satisfying factoids about the diver never winning a flag:

It was his rapist mate that got the bad bounce of the ball that prevented him kicking the winning goal, and he was on the wrong end of the iconic image of the replay, with Heath Shaw coming from nowhere to smother his kick from the goalsquare.

13. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Two more satisfying factoids about the diver never winning a flag:

It was his rapist mate that got the bad bounce of the ball that prevented him kicking the winning goal, and he was on the wrong end of the iconic image of the replay, with Heath Shaw coming from nowhere to smother his kick from the goalsquare.
    That smother the goalsquare was a beautiful thing. Velvet Trousers thought process must have been something like "Ohoh, here it is, I'm going to be the hero at las... Where the *!*!*!*! did he come from? Oh shit where's the ball?"

Hahahahahahaha!

Premiership, Rooey, we won a premiership. That's what WE will be remembered for, what will you be remembered for? Oh that's right, I remember you taking a dive when Brian Lake brushed against you. So either you cheated or you are exactly the soft *!*!*!*! I always thought you were. Happy to put your head over the ball (the way every player does) but you never had the guts to take a chance and try something different that may have won them a flag, just happy to take the safe, Conservitive route. Stiff shit Velvet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    It has been a tough start to 2018 with some poor performances to start the year and the 16 flag seeming quite a long time ago now but this is when we need our members and supporters the most on Friday night a marquee timeslot at Etihad Stadium to get us to victory in a important game now for reasons we didn't want to be in.

I should be there.

I'll be in the Whitten Social club at half time if any woofers want to catch up.

Carn the Dogs!
    Looking forward to it Eastie, flyng back from the States on Friday morning so it's my first game of the season.
    Hoping for a big win, Go Doggies.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

16. Likes Twodogs, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah...but you know that means Collingwood won right?
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

He also played in 3 Grand Finals and only managed the same number of goals and contested marks as Tom Boyd did in one!
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

19. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Yeah...but you know that means Collingwood won right?

That's ok, lots of my mates seem to barrack for Collingwood. It gave something different to be insufferable about for a couple if weeks so I remember finding it vaguely interesting at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That's ok, lots of my mates seem to barrack for Collingwood. It gave something different to be insufferable about for a couple if weeks so I remember finding it vaguely interesting at the time.
    Yeah my brother is a Pies fan.

We play them in a few weeks at Etihad an away game for us.