Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The stat that's hurting inconsistent Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    The mid-age part of our list is currently shallow because the players drafted around 2006-10, who would now be in that sweet spot age profile, just aren't there. We were knee deep in contending mode at the time without access to top end draft picks, and what high picks we had we fluffed (Everitt, Cordy, Howard). The only top end pick we nailed in that time was Callan Ward.
    That is correct. With this phenomenon in play, it makes sense that we wouldn’t have the traditional big ‘window.’ It’s going to be a pair of smaller windows. But I will say that the second window will be bigger... and hopefully, better.

They’re some pretty good kids!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    And Jake the one eyed trouser Snake. He might have had a quiet year but he still won our goal kicking.
    I genuinely forgot about him! I was more thinking finals anyway and while he was on the field I wouldn't really say he played. He did have a good 15 minutes in the second final however.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Jake, although a spud of a bloke, was a handful, a mature body, and a presence. A better player today than Schache. However Schache’s an investment in a somewhat brighter future than what Jake probably has in store.

However, today, Jake for Schache is a step backwards for us.

Here’s hoping Schache has his head screwed on and will do whatever it takes to reach his potential. Let’s hope he catches a case of the Dale Morrises..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I genuinely forgot about him! I was more thinking finals anyway and while he was on the field I wouldn't really say he played. He did have a good 15 minutes in the second final however.
    If you're thinking post 2015 Jake is very forgettable (on-field at least) which is amazing given his talent.