Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 7, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    There is nothing more gratifying than a downhill skier shirking a contest.

Libba in his face in the 2016 prelim final gratified me.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

2. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Libba in his face in the 2016 prelim final gratified me.
    I'd still love to know what Clay Smith said to him to drive him overboard like that.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd still love to know what Clay Smith said to him to drive him overboard like that.

Whatever it was it was the truth.

Post Thanks / Like

When are the footy experts going to call out Heath Shaw for how bad he has been in 2017 and 2018.
    He had 10 clangers tonight - in the worst part of the ground to have them. He even had 6 last week v Brisbane with far less pressure and 8 v Freo 2 weeks before that.

Post Thanks / Like

Hawkins in trouble for pushing an umpires hand away. How many weeks?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hawkins in trouble for pushing an umpires hand away. How many weeks?
    Surely straight to the tribunal.

Post Thanks / Like

Surely straight to the tribunal.
    He will get off with some new rule they made up during the week.

Thoroughly enjoyed seeing the plastics get smashed tonight, even though it was a rubbish game to watch.

AFL doing all it can to manufacture crap for Friday night football.

Post Thanks / Like

GWS were worse tonight than our efforts against them, WC, and Freo. This is one of the premiership favourites that are down a few key players at the moment (but arguably still in a better position personnel wise than we are). We need to remember this when our team of kids inevitably struggle some weeks or at times during games.

There is absolutely a tipping point and GWS have obviously hit theirs. I think we have been well over ours but have displayed more resilience than our lofty expectations has given our team credit. It really makes me reflect back to how impressive the Essendon and Swans (in particular) games were.

10. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hawkins will get off with a reprimand with him being told that even though he was protecting the umpire from causing a slight breeze with his hand he may still have knock Phil Davis over and may have caused him serious injury.
    He'll just be told to be a bit more careful.
    Tom will then be praised by the media for being a stand up guy for taking the risk to protect a fellow player.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    GWS were worse tonight than our efforts against them, WC, and Freo. This is one of the premiership favourites that are down a few key players at the moment (but arguably still in a better position personnel wise than we are). We need to remember this when our team of kids inevitably struggle some weeks or at times during games.

There is absolutely a tipping point and GWS have obviously hit theirs. I think we have been well over ours but have displayed more resilience than our lofty expectations has given our team credit. It really makes me reflect back to how impressive the Essendon and Swans (in particular) games were.
    when does Leon come under scrutiny? Can he actually coach?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Time to raid them, through JMac trading. Their guns can see they won't win a flag now. We need Sam Power sitting down ASAP with JMac to flag interest in a range of players. Who would we target though? (kicking skills elite mandatory)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Time to raid them, through JMac trading. Their guns can see they won't win a flag now. We need Sam Power sitting down ASAP with JMac to flag interest in a range of players. Who would we target though? (kicking skills elite mandatory)

J. Kelly. I wonder if you'd get a discount on Toby Greene given he's such a little shit? I wouldn't mind him being our little shit and we do seem to play better when we have someone like him in our team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    J. Kelly.
    & Coniglio. Imagine two midfielders capable of hitting forwards on the chest. Wow.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    When are the footy experts going to call out Heath Shaw for how bad he has been in 2017 and 2018.
    He had 10 clangers tonight - in the worst part of the ground to have them. He even had 6 last week v Brisbane with far less pressure and 8 v Freo 2 weeks before that.
    Not to mention his big squib vs Dangerfield.

This bloke scream at others but won't do the hard yards himself. For all the focus on Goddard yelling at teammates, Goddard won a B&F, led Essendon during a tough year and puts his body on the line.
    Shaw doesn't do that.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I wish we weren’t ultra young and building. The 2018 premiership is literally a crap shoot.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.