Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 8, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    They're playing good football though and I think we are struggling a bit 12 months ago despite the ladder position.
    It's a marathon, not a sprint. Let's see where they are after they have to play away from the MCG and have a few injuries. Let's see how Martin puts up with constant attention.

Richmond cruised through the finals last year. Nobody challenged them and it's all very easy feasting on sacrifices. Let's see how they go when they are faced with a few challenges. They are still exactly the same Richmond they were a few years ago, they have just had a bit of luck.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It's a marathon, not a sprint. Let's see where they are after they have to play away from the MCG and have a few injuries. Let's see how Martin puts up with constant attention.

Richmond cruised through the finals last year. Nobody challenged them and it's all very easy feasting on sacrifices. Let's see how they go when they are faced with a few challenges. They are still exactly the same Richmond they were a few years ago, they have just had a bit of luck.
    I just looked at their injury list. It has to be one of the smallest lists in the AFL - now that is lucky
    Last edited by bornadog; 14-05-2018 at 03:13 PM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I just looked at their iury list. It has to be one of the smallest lists in the AFL - now that is lucky

They've played away from the MCG twice this year. A loss to Adelaide and they were very ordinary yesterday, with a bit of self belief and experience there were two or three times when North should have put tge foot down and run over the top of them.

Richmond are flat track bullies. They Bradburied their way through a series of soft kills on last year's finals series. When Cotchin missed last week I read that it was the first game they have won a game where one of their big 4 (Cothchin, Martin, Rance and Riewoldt) missed in something like 4 years. Those 4 players carry a big load. If they lose one they are trouble, two is a disaster for them.

They're a lot closer to the edge than their supporters understand. If absolutely everything goes exactly right for them they will probably not lose a game for the rest of the year. But if they have a bit of adversity and the other teams and the other teams improve incrementally things may get interesting in the Chinese way for them.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    For those media imposters looking for a story, here are some headlines can be written on EFC:

1. Who has won trade week ? put some scrutiny on Dodoro. A constant theme here recruiting downhill skiers poor defensively.

suggested heading: " 8 weeks into the season- string-er trade unwinding"

2. The tale of 2 forwards: Gowers vs Stringer. The same old jake ? Write a story on the comparison of the 2. Gowers emergence as a forward. Its a GOOD story.
    I was going to look at the stats but need to find sometime to do the breakdown and analysis for 2018 season.

3. Where has the leadership gone at EFC? If Goddard is the best they can do... then where are the young leaders come through the ranks. How can EFC get the best out of Stringer?

4. After 8 rounds, a third of the season gone, Essendon look like finishing with the wooden spoon. Beaten by Carlton,who had lost 7 in a row < insert how many long losing streak since last season> . Can the words "heading into crisis ... " be started to be used?

5. Drop a few players to find "confidence and form " translate .. teach them to run both ways, tackle, play to a game plan and be team players.

its ok, woofer forum do not need to take the credit. Footy is the winner overall.

6. Is it time to look at a new game plan and is worsfold the right coach to bring them out of their hubris?
    Well some of the media have been sniffing around on this forum. 4 out of the 6 points raised has appeared in this article:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...13-p4zf20.html

Chris Judd now writing an article on the adolescent footy teenage Stringer https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...14-p4zf5i.html

EFC finding scape goats in Neld. I feel sorry for Neld, he seems to cop it in terms of players not listening to his coaching. Is there a common theme with him from melbourne, to EFC? https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...14-p4zf8s.html

Another article on the assistants coping it. https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...14-p4zfa0.html

Maybe Woosha doesn't know how to coach?

Can we have an article on Dud-doro under scrutiny please? boom to bust - essendon winning trade week

5. Likes Twodogs liked this post