Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

AFL Round 9, 2018

ROUND 9, 2018

Friday May 18

Adelaide v Western Bulldogs, Adelaide Oval (7.50pm)

Saturday May 19

North Melbourne v GWS Giants, Blundstone Arena — Hobart (1.45pm)

Gold Coast Suns v Port Adelaide, Adelaide Arena — Shanghai (3.15pm)

Essendon v Geelong, MCG (4.35pm)

Sydney Swans v Fremantle, SCG (7.25pm)

St Kilda v Collingwood, Etihad Stadium (7.25pm)

Sunday May 20

Carlton v Melbourne, MCG (1.10pm)

Brisbane Lions v Hawthorn, Gabba (3.20pm)

West Coast Eagles v Richmond, Perth Stadium (4.40pm)
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 9, 2018

Bump
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Really nervous about tomorrow night, I can't stand watching us get flogged, so I am hoping it is a good close game and we win of course.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Brown with 5 goals in the third quarter

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

North 31 points up against GWS. Almost the same number of scoring shots.

A lot of people had them at the bottom of the ladder but they've been a bit of a surprise
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I feel very envious watching Ben Brown LEADING into an open, uncontested forward line, and then finishing confidently.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

7. Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I feel very envious watching Ben Brown LEADING into an open, uncontested forward line, and then finishing confidently.
    Back to the future.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Back to the future.
    Gee I’d love to see Tom Boyd play fwd for the rest of the year and given every chance to build his forward craft. Considering our season is just about gone I’d like to see what he could do without being flogged in the ruck.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Time to pick through GWS list. Plenty of talent there, but perhaps no longer belief GWS will get the gifted premiership as hoped. Some think JMac is very good to deal with after all, and maybe he rates some non-essential dogs players.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Gee I’d love to see Tom Boyd play fwd for the rest of the year and given every chance to build his forward craft. Considering our season is just about gone I’d like to see what he could do without being flogged in the ruck.
    Yep. I find it hard to listen to 'Tom Boyd doesn't do this or that as a forward', especially when we have not developed him as a forward or ever play him as a forward for the majority of games. The reason for Tom not being a developing to dominating KPF is not of his making. At least McCartin gets a good run at things at St Kilda, even if he's half the talent of Tom.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

12. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Essendon have come out firing. Is it possible that both these teams can lose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep. I find it hard to listen to 'Tom Boyd doesn't do this or that as a forward', especially when we have not developed him as a forward or ever play him as a forward for the majority of games. The reason for Tom not being a developing to dominating KPF is not of his making. At least McCartin gets a good run at things at St Kilda, even if he's half the talent of Tom.
    I completely agree. I read on another thread that Tom has been disappointing value considering the wage we are paying him. With all due respect we could recruit Sinatra to sing for us but then insist that he play the guitar instead on the basis that someone singing without musical accompaniment is a bit unusual and nobody is going to want to see it. Besides imagine how much better he could sing if he could imagine the song from the guitarist's perspective?

He'd be tone deaf and wouldn't be able to sing a note after six months in the bulldog orchestra. If Tom is underperforming as a ruckman then let's give him a extended run in the position we actually recruited him to play in and play ruckman in the ruck. They are turning (trying) Tom as this hybrid ruckman/inside mid that they just want to half the ruck contest and get to the ground before the other ruckman to create an extra number at that contest. It all seems unnecessarily complicated to me
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

15. Likes bulldogtragic, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Essendon have come out firing. Is it possible that both these teams can lose.
    I wish...

I’ll settle for a 3rd qtr collapse by the Injectors, a series of dodgy frees to Selwood in a tight last qtr, Jake S has the chance to win the game in the dying seconds after marking 20 metres out but in an inexplicable brain fade he plays on... Bomber blitz site crashes!
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If we want Tom to share rucking duties let it be when the ball is in the forward fifty. Whoever is the main ruck can look after the rest of the ground.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Well into the last quarter and Essendon - Essendon! - have kept Geelong to 3 goals at the MCG in reasonable conditions. Man this season is just crazy.