Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 9, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Richmond have won 17 out of 19 - they are overdue for a stinker.

West Coke very impressive. Brought the heat and had dangerous targets inside F50. Also made Rance and the other defenders accountable.

Richmond are just flat track bullies. Fantastic at knocking teams that are teetering off at their home ground.

Put a slight amount of pressure on them and they fold like a card table. I don't expect them to make the eight.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Richmond are just flat track bullies. Fantastic at knocking teams that are teetering off at their home ground.

Put a slight amount of pressure on them and they fold like a card table. I don't expect them to make the eight.
    I would expect they would not be subjected the criticism were were subjected to.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Max469 View Post
    I would expect they would not be subjected the criticism were were subjected to.
    Nor the punishment the AFL meted out to us. If the AFL reacted in the same way to Richmomds flag as they did to ours they would insist they play no more than 3 small forwards and outlaw the Dustin Martin don't argue (that is let every other player but Dustin Martin do it), make Cotchin (and Josh Caddy and Bachar Houli) bounce the ball every 10 metres and make them kick the ball 15 metres to a teammate before it's a marl.

Oh and not let them play their finals at their homeground.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

4. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

Is this post tongue in cheek?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Is this post tongue in cheek?
    2017 and this year they have lost games away in Adelaide twice, Geelong, Spotless and Perth all to top 4 teams.

They are almost unbeatable at the MCG, although last year they lost to Freo and Sydney. As for making the 8, well can't see them being less than 4th.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    2017 and this year they have lost games away in Adelaide twice, Geelong, Spotless and Perth all to top 4 teams.

They are almost unbeatable at the MCG, although last year they lost to Freo and Sydney. As for making the 8, well can't see them being less than 4th.
    In their last 19 games, they've only lost to WCE in Perth, Adelaide in Adelaide and Geelong at Geelong....they are hardly robinson crusoe in losing at those venues. And they've demolished everybody else, including two of those teams by 8 goals plus in the finals last year. In fact they demolished all other 3 top 4 sides in the finals last year - so their 2017 is beyond reproach in my book.

Post Thanks / Like

In their last 19 games, they've only lost to WCE in Perth, Adelaide in Adelaide and Geelong at Geelong....they are hardly robinson crusoe in losing at those venues. And they've demolished everybody else, including two of those teams by 8 goals plus in the finals last year. In fact they demolished all other 3 top 4 sides in the finals last year - so their 2017 is beyond reproach in my book.
    Yes agree, but their wins have mainly been at the MCG. They even lost to Saints and us at Etihad last year.

During the finals they never travelled - I wonder if the results would have been different.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes agree, but their wins have mainly been at the MCG. They even lost to Saints and us at Etihad last year.

During the finals they never travelled - I wonder if the results would have been different.
    Flip the coin though....West Coast looked great after half time yesterday, but is anyone keen to tip them to win a final (or any game) at the MCG?

Post Thanks / Like

Flip the coin though....West Coast looked great after half time yesterday, but is anyone keen to tip them to win a final (or any game) at the MCG?
    We know WC have struggled at the G

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The AFL don't suspend the stars
    Buddy's fine, but Jack Redpath has been cited for commenting on the incident to his mate's girlfriend's cousin and prejudicing the outcome of a potential non-tribunal hearing. He's been offered and accepted a 2 match ban which the AFL has decided to appeal on the grounds of "he didn't fight it so we must have got the sentence wrong."
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

The fact that we traveled during the finals series and performed well speaks volumes for what we achieved in 2016 but I'm not sure we can say because Richmond didn't travel it cheapens or asks questions about what they achieved last year.
    Does it cheapen any Australian Gold Medal at the Sydney Olympics because it was in our backyard or do we just accept that they won against the best opposition on the day?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"