Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 10, 2018

Living breathing proof that you need to make the most of your opportunities are the plastics
    Reminds us of 08 9 and10 .
    It’s never a given that opportunity will knock again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep. Time to target some of their best midfielders, and tell JMac he owes us for an unbalanced list and Crozier.
    Kelly recently extended his contract didn't he? Shame because he's rolled gold.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Kelly recently extended his contract didn't he? Shame because he's rolled gold.
    He did. But maybe we put pick 5 (super draft quality pick 5, not like a Tambling or Farren Ray pick 4) on the table and make him a good offer. Contracts don't seem to matter anymore, and GWS are on the way down now and not getting that premiership anytime soon. I'd have no problem with the club putting it out there to his manager and JMac. No one thought Tom Boyd would leave GWS under contract, in any way at all. If they say no, we still have a quality pick 5.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne's forwardline is looking very potent in a generally low scoring year. 140+ the last 2 weeks in a row and another 6 goals in the opening 20 minutes today.

Post Thanks / Like

As pathetic as we were on Friday, at least we're not 'Devon Smith faux-tough-guy' pathetic. Watching him hand out cheap shots would be laughable if it weren't so pitiful.

Post Thanks / Like

Adelaide looking lethargic. Is there something in that following the heavy rain and hard on the legs for both us and Adelaide?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne are going to destroy us next week.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Melbourne are going to destroy us next week.
    Was thinking the same thing. Their midfield running power is so deep, they have an elite tap ruckman and their talls at either end aren't too shabby either.

Great opportunity for us to show some steel and resolve against a very good 2018 team. I hope the response is there.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

9. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They've kicked the highest score of any team again this week and it's not even 3QT. They're very impressive at present.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Was thinking the same thing. Their midfield running power is so deep, they have an elite tap ruckman and their talls at either end aren't too shabby either.

Great opportunity for us to show some steel and resolve against a very good 2018 team. I hope the response is there.
    The 8 day break will help us, as we looked very tired in the second half
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

I think a lot of people doubted Melbourne at the start of the year. They have a great balance of KPP and midfielders plus as you say an elite ruck man.

It's going to require a huge effort from us against a genuine contender for the flag.
    The additional break we have over them and with them travelling plus it being at Etihad are some things working in our favour.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Not about to anoint Melbourne as flag faves but what a contrast between their fluid attack and our comedically tortuous one.

We're going to get one hell of a tune up next week. The sort of punishment we NEVER inflict but all too frequently invite.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Junk time Jake at it again in Western Sydney last night. Last 2 goals with the game done & dusted.

No surprises in Alice Springs - a lot of talk around the traps about how much the previous Friday night had taken out of both teams, with both us and the Crows looking very lethargic as both games progressed.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

I know there is a lot of the game to play out over in the West at the moment but I wonder why North has turned their fortunes around?
    Many had them bottom 3 for this year
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think a lot of people doubted Melbourne at the start of the year. They have a great balance of KPP and midfielders plus as you say an elite ruck man.

It's going to require a huge effort from us against a genuine contender for the flag.
    The additional break we have over them and with them travelling plus it being at Etihad are some things working in our favour.
    They are a bonafide top 4 team - we will have to bring our absolute best from this season just to be competitive, irrespective of the extra 2 days break. If we aren't switched on, it will be a 12+ goal loss.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"