Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  22
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mark Thompson - Serious Drugs Charges

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    No doubt Robbo, Loydo and every other o will find a way to blame someone else about it.

Off on a tangent but affixing a 'Y' on the end of a grown man's name doesn't make him seem more down to earth and humane. It makes him sound childish and ridiculous.

Jeffy Garlett hasn't played one game of AFL football as far as I remember. On the other hand Jeff Garlett has played some solid footy for Melbourne this year. Tom Boyd took a couple of real clunkers on Friday night and gave us all some hope. I went to primary school with somebody called Tommy. You never hear of Marcussy Bontompelli or Eastonny Wood and Jasonny Johannisen doesn't get a look in. I can only assume they are hardened individuals incapable of taking a simple childish pleasure in life.

Ignore me I just had to vent.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Grant Thomas@Thomo_Grant
    @Thomo_Grant

Surprise surprise. Cats hierarchy need to take done responsibility in this. Every inside AFL person I spoke to whilst coaching knew he was on some gear but nothing was ever done about it. Seems he has progressed to sadder heights. Disappointing for his family & friends.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Grant Thomas@Thomo_Grant
    @Thomo_Grant

Surprise surprise. Cats hierarchy need to take done responsibility in this. Every inside AFL person I spoke to whilst coaching knew he was on some gear but nothing was ever done about it. Seems he has progressed to sadder heights. Disappointing for his family & friends.

I wouldn't call them heights but Thomas is right, it's been the worst kept secret in footy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Grant Thomas@Thomo_Grant
    @Thomo_Grant

It's something that he has strongly denied for years. Perhaps if GT's views are accurate and had Thompson fessed up a few years ago and got help he probably needed he might not be in the position he is now.

I think there will be a concerted effort in the media to paint Thompson as a victim. The blame will come down to the other people in the house at the time or the fact that he lost his way since the Essendon drugs saga. I doubt that the media will explore the notion that there has likely been prolonged period of inconsistent behaviors by Thompson.

I also tend to think he will either get off (technicality) or have a vastly reduced sentence when really that shouldn't be the case. The media darling and lovable larrikin simply doesn't deserve the level of consideration he will receive.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's something that he has strongly denied for years. Perhaps if GT's views are accurate and had Thompson fessed up a few years ago and got help he probably needed he might not be in the position he is now.

I think there will be a concerted effort in the media to paint Thompson as a victim. The blame will come down to the other people in the house at the time or the fact that he lost his way since the Essendon drugs saga. I doubt that the media will explore the notion that there has likely been prolonged period of inconsistent behaviors by Thompson.

I also tend to think he will either get off (technicality) or have a vastly reduced sentence when really that shouldn't be the case. The media darling and lovable larrikin simply doesn't deserve the level of consideration he will receive.
    I think that process has already begun;

Senior Constable Bourke said a further 839.7 grams of MDMA was found in an area lived in by co-accused Thomas Windsor but due to oversights from the clandestine drug unit DNA could not be obtained.
    IF. If Thompson has been dealing drugs for money (and I'm not saying he was) then it must mean he has smoked and snorted his way through all the money from the property deal and from all those years coaching.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Off on a tangent but affixing a 'Y' on the end of a grown man's name doesn't make him seem more down to earth and humane. It makes him sound childish and ridiculous.

Jeffy Garlett hasn't played one game of AFL football as far as I remember. On the other hand Jeff Garlett has played some solid footy for Melbourne this year. Tom Boyd took a couple of real clunkers on Friday night and gave us all some hope. I went to primary school with somebody called Tommy. You never hear of Marcussy Bontompelli or Eastonny Wood and Jasonny Johannisen doesn't get a look in. I can only assume they are hardened individuals incapable of taking a simple childish pleasure in life.

Ignore me I just had to vent.
    It doesn't suit all names, as you rightly observe. For some of those, we switch to the surname, and so you get Bonty, Woody and Boydy!
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    It doesn't suit all names, as you rightly observe. For some of those, we switch to the surname, and so you get Bonty, Woody and Boydy!

Yep, I'll pay that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    JayJay too much of a stretch?
    Jongy is a common one though.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Read an article where Hird says Essendon didn't support him or Thompson, WTF they gave him a million and a 12 month holiday!
    Then they gave Thompson a year coaching after the saga !
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Read an article where Hird says Essendon didn't support him or Thompson, WTF they gave him a million and a 12 month holiday!
    Then they gave Thompson a year coaching after the saga !
    I read that too. Almost threw-up my Weetbix!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

What seemed like a joke at the time, albeit a kind of weird one, now seems pretty enlightening.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

They have released an update to the mess that Bomber has got himself in (link below).

Key points:
    -There was a locked room (with a keypad lock) attached to his bedroom where they found 134 ecstasy tablets (more than 40 times the trafficable quantity). There was a cigarette butt with his DNA in the room.
    -They found scales and empty deal bags in a room alogside with Geelong football club memorabillia.
    -In another room they found a lockbox with MDMA, LSD, and Xanax (again with his DNA all over it).
    - He is facing 8 charges in total, including three counts of trafficking.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/new...d737c7fd75d5ef

Post Thanks / Like

If the Police have dotted their I's and crossed their T's he's going to have a very hard time beating this.

If he goes to a contested hearing and gets found guilty he'll likely be jailed.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he'll actually get through it relatively unscathed.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

If it's more than 40x the trafficable quantity, that implies the trafficable quantity is 3, which seems very low to be considered trafficable. Not really related to this case, just as an aside.