Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  22
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mark Thompson - Serious Drugs Charges

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    They have released an update to the mess that Bomber has got himself in (link below).

Key points:
    -There was a locked room (with a keypad lock) attached to his bedroom where they found 134 ecstasy tablets (more than 40 times the trafficable quantity). There was a cigarette butt with his DNA in the room.
    -They found scales and empty deal bags in a room alogside with Geelong football club memorabillia.
    -In another room they found a lockbox with MDMA, LSD, and Xanax (again with his DNA all over it).
    - He is facing 8 charges in total, including three counts of trafficking.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/new...d737c7fd75d5ef
    I hope the media just don't try a paint a picture of Thompson being a victim here. Mark Robinson had better not go into bat for his mate. These are compelling charges and the courts need to decide this not have people on the jury influenced by media sob stories
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes The bulldog tragician, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    If the Police have dotted their I's and crossed their T's he's going to have a very hard time beating this.

If he goes to a contested hearing and gets found guilty he'll likely be jailed.
    It doesn't look good for him-as it shouldn't. If he was selling in order to feed an addiction then you could understand to an extent but Thompson has more money than you could poke a stick at. Selling drugs when you are in his position is not defensible in any way.

Put him away for good I reckon.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I hope the media just don't try a paint a picture of Thompson being a victim here. Mark Robinson had better not go into bat for his mate. These are compelling charges and the courts need to decide this not have people on the jury influenced by media sob stories
    Totally agree. He is a man in his 50s who’s had all the advantages in life that come with sporting success. Spare a thought instead for those that end up with their lives wrecked. I work for a family violence agency and this year almost half of the women we saw said their abuser was using ice. These are the victims being created while Thompson from his Port Melbourne apartment makes his foolish decisions.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It doesn't look good for him-as it shouldn't. If he was selling in order to feed an addiction then you could understand to an extent but Thompson has more money than you could poke a stick at. Selling drugs when you are in his position is not defensible in any way.

The cynic in me thinks that all the ex-colleagues and mates that came out with concerns about his mental health earlier in the year might have been the handywork of a high powered attorney getting ahead of the curve.

It wouldn't matter if he had Gus Frings underground lab, they'd still get him off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    If it's more than 40x the trafficable quantity, that implies the trafficable quantity is 3, which seems very low to be considered trafficable. Not really related to this case, just as an aside.
    Traffickable quantity is via weight moreso than number of pills.

Post Thanks / Like

Traffickable quantity is via weight moreso than number of pills.
    They must have been pretty big pills then.

9. Likes divvydan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

If you're selling to feed an addiction, you plead guilty at the earliest opportunity and present it as a mitigating factor at sentencing, along with references from professionals you've already sought assistance from.

You certainly don't drag a magistrate and the Police through a 3 day contested hearing.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're selling to feed an addiction, you plead guilty at the earliest opportunity and present it as a mitigating factor at sentencing, along with references from professionals you've already sought assistance from.

You certainly don't drag a magistrate and the Police through a 3 day contested hearing.
    Yup, agreed.