Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  68
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's going to Ballarat?

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Oh and uv rating is moderate.
    Only in Ballarat could you risk frostbite and sunburn on the same day.

2. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rain stopped around 3.30pm.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here at the moment - a bit of drizzle about. Wouldn’t want tickets in Eastern Stand as it looks like the westerly wind will push any inclement weather onto the spectators therein
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Good day, a little chilly but the rain was never worse than drizzle. Sat in the eastern stand and the wind would have blown the rain on us if it was heavier.

Nice to drink beers in a can although needed a glove to hold the can to avoid frostbite.

Kids loved the activities before the game, met Caesar, got face paint and hair colour.

Was fortunate enough for Easton Wood to give my daughter a footy after the game.

Post Thanks / Like

I booked a seat thinking I am in the western stand, not knowing it starts on the fence, ie not under cover. I was in row A against the fence, right next to the Lions interchange bench and saw some interesting things. The biggest observation is not having the runners. I think it is an absolute joke the AFL has taken away the runners. Many times the players on the bench were frustrated, trying get on the ground (both teams). Yelling and screaming for players to get off.

At one stage Macrae refused to come off. Wally was calling him but he wanted to stay on. Wally and Dunks ended up at least an extra 5 minutes on the bench screaming for players to come off. Eventually after a goal, Macrae came off and he was stuffed.

For the ilfe of me, why has the AFL stopped runners coming on during a game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Thanks Murphy'sLore thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Weather was a bit cold but nowhere near like last year. Far better than I expected
    The venue is disappointing though and I wonder if getting just 9,000 to a game is sustainable.

There were insufficient buses to move people to the organised parking areas and to the train station.
    I got to the station just 3 minutes before the train was ready to leave. It was just over a 30 minute trip due to heavy traffic.
    There just wasn't enough buses or staff
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"