Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  68
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's going to Ballarat?

Hi Twodogs (and others who are into banners) I am in row A with cheersquad. Keep an eye out for my Chinese inspired “year of dog” banner. My son did design and I must say it does look rather good!!

Hope the dogs break the curse of not winning at mars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Also look out for what platform it's coming from. It's not consistent that one side goes to Ballarat and the other to the City.

If the schedule says it'll stop at Rockback then it will. I've never seen a train skip Rockbank that wasn't meant to.

Personally I doubt getting a seat will be an issue unless it's particularly busy for the footy (no idea how many travel up for it). I'm sure you can find one able bodies person to kick out of the disabled/pregnant/elderly seats though.

People shouldn't have to but it's becoming more of an issue. And with everyone wearing headphones you have to wave your arms around just to get their attention.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    People shouldn't have to but it's becoming more of an issue. And with everyone wearing headphones you have to wave your arms around just to get their attention.
    It's just common courtesy. I'm always happy to stand up in both the train and the tram if I'm required as should everyone else who doesn't have a disability, in the case of women who isn't pregnant or if you are not elderly.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 04-05-2018 at 08:18 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

4. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The conductor on the vline trains helps with disabled people getting seated usually. Am going up to Bacchus Marsh from Werribee to catch the train to the match. Parking is available there and it's quicker than going to Footscray and catching the train.

Post Thanks / Like

Also look out for what platform it's coming from. It's not consistent that one side goes to Ballarat and the other to the City.

If the schedule says it'll stop at Rockback then it will. I've never seen a train skip Rockbank that wasn't meant to.

Personally I doubt getting a seat will be an issue unless it's particularly busy for the footy (no idea how many travel up for it). I'm sure you can find one able bodies person to kick out of the disabled/pregnant/elderly seats though.
    Rockbank is a cluster*!*!*!*! of a railway station.

Unpaved carpark, badly designed crossings, little to no shelter and is actually too short for a full length V/locity train. The conductors actually broadcast a warning to passengers to ensure that a platform is available to them when leaving the train.

Plus as Hjush rightly said, there is not a city bound and a Ballarat bound platform, it could be either-or.

When the line to Melton eventually gets duplicated (should have happened 5 years ago) they should just rebuild the bloody thing.

7. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock...ailway_station

Platforms and Services

Rockbank has two side platforms. It is serviced by V/Line Ballarat line services.[5] Platform 1 is located on the main line, with all stopping services scheduled to use this platform. Platform 2 is located on a crossing loop, permitting trains up to 750 metres long to cross.[6] The former short platform is located at the Down end of the station, located on the crossing loop.

Platform 1:
    Ballarat line: V/Line services to Bacchus Marsh, Ballarat & Southern Cross

Platform 2:
    No scheduled passenger services.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/ne...fo-dogs-v-suns

AFL Round 7 - Western Bulldogs v Gold Coast Suns
    Saturday 5 May, Mars Stadium
    Gates open: 12:00pm
    First Bounce: 1:45pm

Mars Stadium will be buzzing with activity on Saturday for the Western Bulldogs’ round 7 clash with Gold Coast.

Chill out in the Bulldogs’ fan zone, keep the kids entertained with football drills and arts and crafts in the Kids Zone or kick back in the Carlton United Brewery Bar and enjoy a beer.

And as always, there’ll be Food Trucks as far as the eye can see!

Broadcast

Televised live on Fox Footy from 1:30pm

Tickets

Tickets are from just $25.00. Click here for more information.

Membership Enquiries and Sales

For members that reside in the Ballarat region* the best way to secure a Reserved Seat at Mars Stadium is through a Ballarat membership. Full details regarding purchasing a Ballarat Membership can be found here.

Our friendly membership staff will be located in the Membership Club Hub located at Gate 3.

Merchandise Enquiries and Sales

Stock up on the latest Western Bulldogs merchandise and visit our team located at Gate 1, 2 and 3.

Fan Zone

Located in the showgrounds area there will be plenty to look out for, including:

Petting Zoo
    Bulldogs Chill out Area
    Real Strength Bulldogs Van with lots of giveaways, a photo booth and giant games
    Kids Zone

There will be plenty of cool activities in the kids zone, including:

Arts and Crafts Station
    Face painting
    Balloon artists
    Football Drills
    Football Kicking Zone

Located at the end of the Fan Zone will be a dedicated Football Kicking Zone where you can go and practice your skills with your friends and family. Just be aware of flying footballs around you!

Food and Beverages

Some of the offerings include:

Gobbles Grill
    Specialty Pie Van
    Coffee Van
    Donut Van
    There will also be a Carlton United Brewery Bar that you can sit-down in and enjoy a beer with your friends pre-game or at half-time.

Food trucks will be located around the ground at various locations:

Behind the Western Stand
    Next to the old scoreboard
    Behind the interchange benches
    Behind the Eastern Stand
    Bars will be located:

Behind the Eastern Stand
    In the Fan Zone
    Behind the Western Stand
    Next to the Old Scoreboard
    Getting there

Free shuttle bus services

The popular shuttle bus services will again operate from the Ballarat Train Station from 11.30am, running on a continuous loop to and from Mars Stadium up until the first bounce. For more details click here.

Parking

Parking and traffic conditions, including 40km/h zones around the stadium precinct, will take place on Saturday 5 May for the safety of footy fans and motorists.

Drivers are urged to utilise the hundreds of parking spaces available at C.E Brown Reserve and surrounding ovals. These parking spaces can be accessed from Dowling Street.

Patrons will have access to gates 1, 2 and 3 via a short walk. For more details click here.

Patron drop off & pick up zones

While Creswick Road will remain open to traffic, patrons will not have access to parking along this stretch of road between Howitt and Norman Streets on game day.

This area will be set aside to accommodate buses, taxis and the patron drop-off and pick-up zones. For more details click here.

Safe road infrastructure

If you are traveling to and from the game along the Western Freeway, Midland Highway or Geelong-Bacchus Marsh Road, you may come across an in-progress road infrastructure improvement project.

These three roads are benefitting from safety upgrades as part of the Victorian Government’s $1.1-billion Towards Zero action plan to save lives and reduce serious injuries on the state’s roads.

The Western Freeway – from the Western Ring Road to Ballarat
    This project covers about 100 kilometres of freeway and will largely involve the installation of flexible roadside safety barriers.

The Midland Hwy, between Ballarat and Creswick
    About 20 kilometres of road are covered in this project, which will involve the installation of roadside and centre-line safety barriers, in addition to three new roundabouts.

The Geelong-Bacchus Marsh Road.
    Roadside and centre-line barriers will be installed on 40 kilometres of road. Works will also include the construction of two roundabouts

Safe footy road trip

We want everyone driving to and from the footy in Ballarat this weekend, to get there and home safely. There are several ways to ensure you have a safe footy road trip.

A safe road trip starts with a good sleep the night before. So if you are driving on Saturday, make sure you are well rested before hitting the road.
    If you’re feeling tired, stop for a break to stretch your legs and change drivers if possible.
    Eliminate distractions – stay off your phone while driving.
    Allow plenty of time so you aren’t rushing to get there.
    Drive to the conditions, because they can change quickly in the country.
    Take your time and stick within the speed limits.
    Drinking and driving – they’re better apart

If you plan on drinking at the game, you should also have a designated driver or a plan to get home safely that doesn’t involve driving.
    If you plan on driving to the game, don’t drink heavily the night before.
    If you plan on driving home from the game, don’t plan to drink during.
    The evidence is clear, impairment starts at low levels and even just one drink impairs a person's ability to drive safely so the best thing people can do is to completely separate drinking from driving.
    Remember, if you are caught drink driving you will automatically lose your licence. Even at low levels.

Exclusive to westernbulldogs.com.au

10. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Rockbank is a cluster*!*!*!*! of a railway station.

Unpaved carpark, badly designed crossings, little to no shelter and is actually too short for a full length V/locity train. The conductors actually broadcast a warning to passengers to ensure that a platform is available to them when leaving the train.

Plus as Hjush rightly said, there is not a city bound and a Ballarat bound platform, it could be either-or.

When the line to Melton eventually gets duplicated (should have happened 5 years ago) they should just rebuild the bloody thing.
    Oh and the road in for the main entrance/platform is full of holes

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and the road in for the main entrance/platform is full of holes
    The whole Melton shire is rapidly growing. A new suburb Mount Atkinson is going to spring up there and the Woodlea estate which is pretty much developed. Certainly need better infrastructure for those living in the outer suburban corridors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock...ailway_station

Platforms and Services

Rockbank has two side platforms. It is serviced by V/Line Ballarat line services.[5] Platform 1 is located on the main line, with all stopping services scheduled to use this platform. Platform 2 is located on a crossing loop, permitting trains up to 750 metres long to cross.[6] The former short platform is located at the Down end of the station, located on the crossing loop.

Platform 1:
    Ballarat line: V/Line services to Bacchus Marsh, Ballarat & Southern Cross

Platform 2:
    No scheduled passenger services.

Well that's cetainly concentrated it in my mind. That clears it up no end.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Got 2 standing room tickets.
    Apparently one of the main suggested parking areas, C E Brown reserve, has only got half their parking available.
    Weather: yes, there will be some. Partly cloudy, 20-30kmh westerly, 17deg.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Got 2 standing room tickets.
    Apparently one of the main suggested parking areas, C E Brown reserve, has only got half their parking available.
    Weather: yes, there will be some. Partly cloudy, 20-30kmh westerly, 17deg.
    I was planning on parking there. Maybe I will go to the golf club.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a happy Bulldog tonight and plenty of happy Dogs in Ballarat and making the trip back down the highway.

Go Dogs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    I'm a happy Bulldog tonight and plenty of happy Dogs in Ballarat and making the trip back down the highway.

Go Dogs!
    Next time make the trip, you will enjoy it live.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s quite fun. I liked hearing the players call out to each other. There was one kick (Hunter?) where you could immediately hear from the sound that he has not struck it sweetly. But gee the scoreboard operators needed to lift their game. They took forever to register goals which considering it was close all day made things even tenser.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic