Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  68
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's going to Ballarat?

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    It’s quite fun. I liked hearing the players call out to each other. There was one kick (Hunter?) where you could immediately hear from the sound that he has not struck it sweetly. But gee the scoreboard operators needed to lift their game. They took forever to register goals which considering it was close all day made things even tenser.
    Sometimes they added points instead of goals, or just plain forgot. It was very frustrating.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Next time make the trip, you will enjoy it live.
    Yep plenty of other opportunities to go there. If we only got 6K today it could be bit less in deep winter there at 3:20pm on Sunday later in the year in Round 19. All depends I reckon how well we are doing in the crowd for the next game there.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Attendance

10087 in 2017
    6883 in 2018

I've spoken quite a few times that I'm not a fan of selling home games. You're robbing your members doing it. Surely they can't be happy with the figures yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

I went yesterday and we stayed with my sister in Buninyong. For those who didn't and haven't yet been, I highly recommend you go next time. The atmosphere was great. It felt like the players were so close. You could hear the calls from the players and the slap when the bumped each other. It reminded me of watching games in the good old days at the suburban grounds.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

5. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Attendance

10087 in 2017
    6883 in 2018

I've spoken quite a few times that I'm not a fan of selling home games. You're robbing your members doing it. Surely they can't be happy with the figures yesterday.
    The counter argument is that is more a long term partnership that will need time to grow. Selling home games is a typically short term financial arrangement but this does appear to be something we are very committed to.

For those who are time poor or with young families I think it's going to be difficult for them to be regular attenders and yesterdays numbers were very disappointing. It's not a trend we want to see but I wonder if our poor form this season has been a contributing factor.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Playing Port Adelaide last year would've bought a few over also. The Adelaide teams seem the logical opposition for that venue.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, the Sat arvo timeslot is not ideal because all the local league matches are on so a huge section of the local AFL loving community are otherwise committed.

9. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

By fully ticketing this game it cost us an extra 2-3k. You need to have the flexibility to allow members to rock up without having to purchase a ticket or reserved seat before-hand.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

11. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The counter argument is that is more a long term partnership that will need time to grow. Selling home games is a typically short term financial arrangement but this does appear to be something we are very committed to.

For those who are time poor or with young families I think it's going to be difficult for them to be regular attenders and yesterdays numbers were very disappointing. It's not a trend we want to see but I wonder if our poor form this season has been a contributing factor.
    Maybe a long term loss, I'll be redoing my membership next season due to the 2 games I miss out on because of Ballarat, I should have done it this year but I'm too lazy. I pay for a reserved seat for all home games and GA for away. Why am I doing this? Shouldn't I get a discount for the 2 games I can't sit in my seat that I purchased? I'm a lifer but there are lots who are not and these are the ones who the club will lose. I hope Ballarat are putting in enough to cover this.

13. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    By fully ticketing this game it cost us an extra 2-3k. You need to have the flexibility to allow members to rock up without having to purchase a ticket or reserved seat before-hand.
    Totally agree with this, the ticketing is the biggest issue. By all means sell reserved seating, but GA should be available to all members.

Once they get lighting up in stage 2, I think lots more from Ballarat will attend a night match. Also, this is not just selling home games, this is now our second home as we try and represent the West of Melbourne right through to Ballarat and beyond. Ballarat is the same size as Launceston.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Also, the Sat arvo timeslot is not ideal because all the local league matches are on so a huge section of the local AFL loving community are otherwise committed.
    Personally I like the Saturday afternoon timeslots but yes local footy is big on Saturday so that's keep a fair chunk away.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

My mate went up to Ballarat yesterday and said once again it was a good experience helped by winning.

17. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    My mate went up to Ballarat yesterday and said once again it was a good experience helped by winning.
    Winning is always fun
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

19. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Totally agree with this, the ticketing is the biggest issue. By all means sell reserved seating, but GA should be available to all members.

Once they get lighting up in stage 2, I think lots more from Ballarat will attend a night match. Also, this is not just selling home games, this is now our second home as we try and represent the West of Melbourne right through to Ballarat and beyond. Ballarat is the same size as Launceston.
    So why won't my membership get me in there?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    So why won't my membership get me in there?
    I think the club thought with a capacity of 11,000 and membership of 47,000, plus Ballarat people, they had to ration tickets by making it a ticketed game. This has back fired and needs a re-think