Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  68
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's going to Ballarat?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I'm glad they've listened to their members this time around although the poor turnout from last time probably forced their hand this way.
    There were alot of complaints, and Ameet said they would look at it and he has. He also mentioned due to the timing(which is poor), the AFL would pay for extra lighting.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The players might need to have miners lights on their foreheads. Reserved seats “from $21” is still steep.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    There were alot of complaints, and Ameet said they would look at it and he has. He also mentioned due to the timing(which is poor), the AFL would pay for extra lighting.
    It's still a work in progress and should only get better. It should be a sell out every time we play there in the next year or two.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon all Ballarat games need to be 1.10pm on Sunday moving forward. Create day and time continuity and avoid Saturdays which don't work for the region.

Not a fan at all of building lights for future night games in Ballarat. Wonderful city but it can be frigid cold - daytime works much better and creates the perfect country footy atmosphere.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I reckon all Ballarat games need to be 1.10pm on Sunday moving forward. Create day and time continuity and avoid Saturdays which don't work for the region.

Not a fan at all of building lights for future night games in Ballarat. Wonderful city but it can be frigid cold - daytime works much better and creates the perfect country footy atmosphere.
    I suspect the lights would be more for concerts than footy games but there might be an idea that twilight games might work.

I agree that night games could be a problem

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

the lights for our game will be temporary

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone woofers going to Ballarat on Sunday? I'll be staying home watching it on TV.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

It's going to be a cold day but I will be there. Ballarat has a top of 9 on the day but it will be colder than that when the game starts

Post Thanks / Like

I will be at Trugo practice at Footscray Park when the game starts.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not going to Ballarat. I'd like to get down there for a game at some point, but 3.20 on a Sunday, when the season is essentially over for us - it will be freezing, I don't have a local knowledge of parking etc, and would be getting home pretty late...makes it pretty easy to watch on tv I'm afraid.

Etihad or MCG I'm 100% there. The crowd will be very small at Ballarat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I'm not going to Ballarat. I'd like to get down there for a game at some point, but 3.20 on a Sunday, when the season is essentially over for us - it will be freezing, I don't have a local knowledge of parking etc, and would be getting home pretty late...makes it pretty easy to watch on tv I'm afraid.

Etihad or MCG I'm 100% there. The crowd will be very small at Ballarat.
    The starting and finishing time will restrict the number of supporters prepared to travel.

Post Thanks / Like

The starting and finishing time will restrict the number of supporters prepared to travel.
    Let's face it - late afternoon in late July on a Sunday is hardly ideal to schedule a match in Ballarat.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's face it - late afternoon in late July on a Sunday is hardly ideal to schedule a match in Ballarat.
    It was not the clubs idea, it was the dickheads in AFL house who don't care about us.

Post Thanks / Like

It was not the clubs idea, it was the dickheads in AFL house who don't care about us.
    Yeah I wasn't suggesting it was the clubs idea. However it came about - it really isn't the best slot for this match.
    The partnership with Ballarat may prove to be a success at some point, but I'd say it has been an underwhelming start.

Post Thanks / Like

It is a Ch 7 game, which adds several layers of difficulty to the TV viewing experience
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

17. Likes Twodogs liked this post