Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  68
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's going to Ballarat?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Yeah I wasn't suggesting it was the clubs idea. However it came about - it really isn't the best slot for this match.
    The partnership with Ballarat may prove to be a success at some point, but I'd say it has been an underwhelming start.
    Who would have thought playing a winter sport outside in Ballarat could have a down side?

I would like to go, but the 4-5 hour round trip with children in tow to watch us get beat is a special circle of hell im not ready for yet
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Who would have thought playing a winter sport outside in Ballarat could have a down side?

I would like to go, but the 4-5 hour round trip with children in tow to watch us get beat is a special circle of hell im not ready for yet
    Mentioned it a couple of months ago, but 1.10pm on Sunday is the no-brainer timeslot for Ballarat. Having it at 3.20pm in the depths of winter is just madness, temporary lighting or not.

One day the AFL will actually use their brains (or maybe not if the past week is any indication). And I hope we are proactive in recommending Sunday 1.10pm to the AFL as the only sensible option for all of our Ballarat games moving forward. It's the warmest time of the day (relatively speaking), and it gives visitors the chance to explore the city on Sat night and the nearby wineries and other attractions on Sunday morning and also get back home to Melbourne by 6pm.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Having North's game from Hobart at 1.10pm makes sense. But having both the Hobart and Ballarat games on the same day - and nothing at Etihad or the MCG - is pretty ordinary. For the entire weekend, only Essendon (Friday night) of the Etihad tenants are playing there, while Carlton and St.Kilda are interstate - and the other 2 a playing on alternate grounds.
    Only 2 matches of 9 being played in Melbourne this weekend.

4. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We are going for our first game at Mars. Looking forward to the petting zoo

Post Thanks / Like

The petting zoo was insane fun last year.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Having North's game from Hobart at 1.10pm makes sense. But having both the Hobart and Ballarat games on the same day - and nothing at Etihad or the MCG - is pretty ordinary. For the entire weekend, only Essendon (Friday night) of the Etihad tenants are playing there, while Carlton and St.Kilda are interstate - and the other 2 a playing on alternate grounds.
    Only 2 matches of 9 being played in Melbourne this weekend.
    It's a weird round. Richmond v Pies is the only game that doesn't involve teams from different states.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    It's a weird round. Richmond v Pies is the only game that doesn't involve teams from different states.
    and they aren't FTA
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Not Bitter Anymore View Post
    We are going for our first game at Mars. Looking forward to the petting zoo
    You should enjoy the ground, it's like being at Western Oval in the 80s, with the majority of supporters being WB. I went to the first two matches and really enjoyed the ground.

I just hope the locals show up - we need at least 10k there.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Forecast is looking great for Ballarat on Sunday
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

13. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to going to the game, which will be another tough encounter. Hope to see Young and Greene come into the team.
    Getting the Bont back should help straighten us up.

Post Thanks / Like

Am going though will be rugging up for the match. Travelling by train. Hope for a good showing from our boys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    Forecast is looking great for Ballarat on Sunday
    Top forecast for Ballarat tomorrow is 9 degrees and showers. Definitely a day for the warm woolies.

Post Thanks / Like

Crazy decision to play the game so late. Shame it wasn't played today, it's been a perfect day for footy down here.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Been to all the Ballarat games so far and will be there tomorrow. Having a late lunch at the Turret Cafe beforehand. Will be rugged up.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Gulp.... it’s insane, really, but I’ll be there...brrrr...
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic