Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Clarko is a flog/don't block this week

Great to hear an internal memo has been leaked advising the umpires to clamp down on defenders blocking after Clarko went and had a whinge post loss to the Swans. So we can add that to quick handballs and third man up rule he's destroyed over the past 18 months...

Who runs the AFL? Clearly Hawthorn.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clarko is a flog/don't block this week

Another knee jerk reaction, just watch the umps get this wrong and someone lose a match in the dying seconds.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Clarko and Bevo have been complaining about this problem for a long time , it was even bought up by our VFL coach with Schache on the weekend.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Just leave Tom in the goal square and he will kick four goals in the first quarter if they are serious. The Adelaide plan A in defence is Talia blocks or holds the opposition key forward anf McGivern takes the intercept mark.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Happy with Clarko bringing this up - self-interest as it will help Boyd and Schache immeasurably.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

6. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I think good on Clarko for flying the flag of his club, even if Horse Longmire thinks he is being a bit of a sulk. If our Bevo had the connections I'd say "go for it".
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Personally, I think good on Clarko for flying the flag of his club, even if Horse Longmire thinks he is being a bit of a sulk. If our Bevo had the connections I'd say "go for it".
    I don't see what the issue is either. The blocking sucks. Stop it.

Post Thanks / Like

Longmire is the sook actually, complaining to the AFL about our GF
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Longmire is the sook actually, complaining to the AFL about our GF
    I missed that. Did he? Ah well, I quite like Horse Longmire. How can you not like a guy named Horse? haha.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Question is, when is it Ilegal blocking and when is it legal shepherding ?
    What's the difference ?
    Thought the rule was you could sheperd if the ball was within 10 metres .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Question is, when is it Ilegal blocking and when is it legal shepherding ?
    What's the difference ?
    Thought the rule was you could sheperd if the ball was within 10 metres .
    5?

I believe marking contests are treated differently. IE: you have to have eyes for them all in a marking contest but a shepherd around the ground you don't.

Post Thanks / Like

I missed that. Did he? Ah well, I quite like Horse Longmire. How can you not like a guy named Horse? haha.
    He's an entitled sook. He instructed his big bodied and experienced midfielders to go as hard as they could to intimidate younger and smaller bodied opposition, and wondered why when the opposition went harder and earlier at the footy free kicks were given away.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He's an entitled sook. He instructed his big bodied and experienced midfielders to go as hard as they could to intimidate younger and smaller bodied opposition, and wondered why when the opposition went harder and earlier at the footy free kicks were given away.
    Oh well, I guess one is entitled to do such things in a grand final. It didn't work though did it? In the history of finals, rough and tough tactics haven't really worked well. Brereton hit etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh well, I guess one is entitled to do such things in a grand final. It didn't work though did it? In the history of finals, rough and tough tactics haven't really worked well. Brereton hit etc.

He's entitled to do it but when it backfires, he isn't entitled to blame umpires for his own stupidity and indicate we only won because the umpires were picking on Sydney, which is a ridiculous assertion to make given the Swans were the AFL endorsed team for years.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    He's entitled to do it but when it backfires, he isn't entitled to blame umpires for his own stupidity and indicate we only won because the umpires were picking on Sydney, which is a ridiculous assertion to make given the Swans were the AFL endorsed team for years.
    Correct, he can instruct his team to play as he feels. Only someone from Sydney, or the mollycoddled large Melbourne clubs would have the temerity or sense of entitlement to sook it up after losing a grand final.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.