Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shy guy passes Wood as Dogs' intercept king

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    There were a few on this board who couldn't understand why he was getting a game each week. Still only 20 years old and will get better and better
    Putting my hand up to this. Didn't see that he had it in him.
    But I'm very happy with him and looks likely to be a very, very good player if he continues to improve. He really has all the tools you need across the half back line.

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shy guy passes Wood as Dogs' intercept king

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I was quite critical of him last night, largely because he hasn't figured out first option before extreme pressure can often end up in a follow up running possession to clear space if he gives it. Too often he tries to do too much, but that's not a bad thing.

I need to temper that criticism just as much as he needs to learn because he is going as well as any 20 year old we've had on our hands over recent history. At the start of the year, Dunkley was my designated freak, Williams has taken that mantle now.
    It drives me mad watching a player stop his kicking action because he's spotted a better option. Apart from anything else he should be concentrating fully on taking his kick and not still looking at options. It's like shaking hands with a politician, they might be shaking your hand but they are looking over your shoulder for someone more important to talk to.

Just go with your first option, especially until you learn to do that really well. Maybe then you can dish it off without looking and check for better options
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite