Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  34
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 13, 2018 vs Port Adelaide

Gowers is an awful kick but he is so far from our biggest problem. Leads well, contests well and is far from lazy.

2. Likes Mofra, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    If he's running hard enough to make leads then doubling back that's underselling him a fair bit.

He's a rookie who cost us little leading our goalkicking, in a team that is woeful ahead of the ball. We should be happy we actually have someone showing a slight semblance of forward craft because for all his faults he's ahead of so many others on our list right now.
    If Webb showed half the ability to transition to AFL level we'd be doing cartwheels.
    That says more about the make up our list than the quality of Gowers. With Smith, Picken and Dickson all injured we have pretty much no other small/ mid sized forwards available bar Greene who is exactly that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    That says more about the make up our list than the quality of Gowers. With Smith, Picken and Dickson all injured we have pretty much no other small/ mid sized forwards available bar Greene who is exactly that.
    You might argue that with two of those three in, Gowers productivity could increase rather than be hampered.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely persevere with Gowers. He is young and he has a bit of mongrel about him. He has clean hands and can mark above his head. He is going to be a good player for us, mark my words.
    PS. You can put the humble pie on hold. I'm confident I won't be eating it!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Why on Earth did they run him through the midfield? Sure he has some weaknesses but has always presented well, makes a contest and can actually take a grab.

7. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the weather is going to be similar to our recent game over there against Adelaide. How do we set the team up differently so we can play to the conditions?

Whilst I wasn't keen on him initially I think Campbell comes in.. Also feel we need to play Jong too.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the weather is going to be similar to our recent game over there against Adelaide. How do we set the team up differently so we can play to the conditions?

Whilst I wasn't keen on him initially I think Campbell comes in.. Also feel we need to play Jong too.
    We need to go in small, plus we need to think about who takes Dixon when he plays forward.

We know Dickson and Morris are out.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Campbell, Roberts, Naughton and Adams in for Daniel, JJ, Dahlhaus and Richards.

Beat them with height in the wet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We need to go in small, plus we need to think about who takes Dixon when he plays forward.

We know Dickson and Morris are out.
    Trengove is the obvious matchup, with Cordy and Naughton probably available to return. For mine Cordy to replace Morris and Naughton to resume in the VFL after a fairly long layoff.

Dixon has only kicked 8 goals in 11 games this year and never more than 1 goal in a game so hopefully he doesn't re-discover his form against us.

If the weather forecast remains the same I would consider dropping Roughy and have Boyd ruck with support from Schache.

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

If the weather forecast remains the same I would consider dropping Roughy and have Boyd ruck with support from Schache.
    Boyd has been pretty disappointing in the ruck in the last few weeks so if he plays it has to be primarily as a forward. I would be going with Campbell with support from Boyd, but expecting Campbell to play 80% game time in the ruck.

I have serious reservations in playing Schache in heavy conditions, but we don't have many options up front.

Post Thanks / Like

Boyd has been pretty disappointing in the ruck in the last few weeks so if he plays it has to be primarily as a forward. I would be going with Campbell with support from Boyd, but expecting Campbell to play 80% game time in the ruck.

I have serious reservations in playing Schache in heavy conditions, but we don't have many options up front.
    I don't mind if Campbell gets a game but then one of Boyd or Schache needs to go if it's as wet as it was when we played the Crows.

I think three players 200cm or thereabouts playing ruck or forward will be too tall for those conditions.

Post Thanks / Like

In:-
    Wallis, Young, Dunkley, Campbell

Out:-
    Dickson, Morris, Roughead, Smith

Wallis to tag Wines

Young to take Morris' spot

Dunkley to play forward and work up hard with aerial contests on the wing and towards our D50

Campbell gets his shot in place of Rough

Williams resumes his life as a defender

If Bont is fit enough to play, I'd like to see him do a bit of work on Westhoff who is having a very good season and spending time all over the ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post

Wallis to tag Wines

Dunkley to play forward and work up hard with aerial contests on the wing and towards our D50

If Bont is fit enough to play, I'd like to see him do a bit of work on Westhoff who is having a very good season and spending time all over the ground.
    Suckling a possible out
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Storms, rain, thunder lightning and 50 Kph winds forecast I may just stay home and watch on tv

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post

Wallis to tag Wines

No Cordy?

Don't mind your ins, but prefer Jong in place of Wallis to play the same role.