Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  95
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coaching Group - Under Pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Wasn't there some guy Melbourne poached from us after 2016?
    Craig Jennings who was our opposition analyst. I think he’s been patched by another club now.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Think Bevo is a great coach , but we need some new eyes and ears in the box .
    They’ve made changes to recruiting and list management already, so they don’t come into play yet.
    If anything Beveridge has been to loyal to a few injury prone players
    We need kicking urgently and more mids . We’re to top heavy in certain areas and skinny in others .

Post Thanks / Like

Do we need that many key back men
    Adams Morris Roberts Young Cordy Naughton all key backs !
    It’s surprising considering most teams have small to medium key forwards

Post Thanks / Like

Plus Collins

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Do we need that many key back men
    Adams Morris Roberts Young Cordy Naughton all key backs !
    It’s surprising considering most teams have small to medium key forwards
    I'd let Morris retire a club hero, and cut Roberts loose. That leaves us with Cordy, Adams, Naughton, Young & Collins for next year. Grab Khamis as a NGA who may add some height (not KPP though) if he can grow a couple more cm's.

The list needs balancing. But if 'best available' is a KPD, guess what we will do.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Every assistant gets the flick and start a whole new coaching group in 2019.?
    Agree, I think Richmond did this

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

I think the actual decision making on assistant coaches has to be taken away from Beveridge. He has input but not the final say.
    If you were a manager of people (maybe you are), would you like this? Sorry, Bevo has to have a major say in who he picks as assistants.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If you were a manager of people (maybe you are), would you like this? Sorry, Bevo has to have a major say in who he picks as assistants.
    Disgaree. The Footy Manager makes this call. Hardwick didn't make the call on bringing in Caracella at the end of 2016
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Agree, I think Richmond did this

Why? It's not what they did at Richmond. Hardwick was told if he wanted to stay senior coach then his assistants would be appointed with little input from him. I think we indulge senior coaches and their wishes little too much. The coaches were in place when Bevo took over, he had no input into who they would be and that's the coaching team that won a flag. Maybe Bevo us the worst person to nominate his assistants? Maybe he can't make rational decisions when it's people he is close to? I know I have trouble doing things like that.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Disgaree. The Footy Manager makes this call. Hardwick didn't make the call on brining in Caracella at the end of 2016
    Yep. Also, if there wasn't a mandatory minimum 3 list changes, I think Bevo wouldn't make three changes if no players wanted out. There's loyalty, which is great. And then there's blinkers.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Disgaree. The Footy Manager makes this call. Hardwick didn't make the call on bringing in Caracella at the end of 2016
    You can't have people reporting to you if you don't have a say. I didn't say Bevo has a FINAL say, I said MAJOR say.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I’d stick with Rohan Smith and Joel Corey whilst moving on the rest. Both excelled as line coaches in 15/16 so put them back in there. King, Gia and Hansen need to go. Each line they are in charge of, have struggled dramatically since their appointments.

I may be wrong but I believe Jamie Maddox does the opposition analysis, questions need to be asked of him also.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

12. Likes GVGjr, bornadog, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One can only hope the coaching group comes under the spotlight. Bevo will always be a god but questions need to be asked. We talk about injuries but our kids are doing fine, its our senior guys who are letting us down. Except for Macrae, Mclean, Suckling & Cordy the rest have been rubbish.
    Why have our senior players gone backwards, including Bont?
    I hate watching us play because our brand is crap to watch! We used to be great to watch, so much so Dennis Pagan said his love for the game had been reinvigorated by the 2016 bulldogs.
    Its just so disheartening to be a dogs fan now. If i wasn't at the G to see us win the flag i wouldn't believe this team achieved the ultimate.
    I've been a member for 22 years and social club member for 15 & all of a sudden i find myself questioning whether i want to give up my hard earned money to a club where i feel the playing group as a whole are cruising. If the players & coaching group aren't going to invest everything they have why should i?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    One can only hope the coaching group comes under the spotlight. Bevo will always be a god but questions need to be asked. We talk about injuries but our kids are doing fine, its our senior guys who are letting us down. Except for Macrae, Mclean, Suckling & Cordy the rest have been rubbish.
    Why have our senior players gone backwards, including Bont?
    I hate watching us play because our brand is crap to watch! We used to be great to watch, so much so Dennis Pagan said his love for the game had been reinvigorated by the 2016 bulldogs.
    Its just so disheartening to be a dogs fan now. If i wasn't at the G to see us win the flag i wouldn't believe this team achieved the ultimate.
    I've been a member for 22 years and social club member for 15 & all of a sudden i find myself questioning whether i want to give up my hard earned money to a club where i feel the playing group as a whole are cruising. If the players & coaching group aren't going to invest everything they have why should i?
    That's extremely harsh on this group your practically saying they aren't trying , and senior players ? We have practically 3 in the seniors this year , Suckling, Wood and Macrae are about it and to me Macrae and Suckling are going fine , And Wood had missed through injury. you do realise even the Bont is only 23 , Cordy is only 21
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    That's extremely harsh on this group your practically saying they aren't trying , and senior players ? We have practically 3 in the seniors this year , Suckling, Wood and Macrae are about it and to me Macrae and Suckling are going fine , And Wood had missed through injury. you do realise even the Bont is only 23 , Cordy is only 21
    They are?

I'm the same as Anfo right now. I don't want to make the effort to go and watch, only reason I'll go is to get out of the house and do something else, have some me time. I'll probably go on Saturday but I can imagine I'll leave around half time, early 3rd and go and do something else. All respect we gained from 2016 is all but gone, we're a laughing stock, a joke and I'm embarrassed to be a supporter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    I’d stick with Rohan Smith and Joel Corey whilst moving on the rest. Both excelled as line coaches in 15/16 so put them back in there. King, Gia and Hansen need to go. Each line they are in charge of, have struggled dramatically since their appointments.

I may be wrong but I believe Jamie Maddox does the opposition analysis, questions need to be asked of him also.
    I agree with this. I have seen Smith and Corey's names pop up repeatedly in player interviews, it seems like they are very competent. We do need a major shake up though so I'd be supportive of the others going and resh blood injected.