Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14, 2018 vs North Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    In - Adams, Naughton, Dunkley, Morris

Out - Macrae, Wood, Webb, Biggs
    Western Fullbacks
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

- Defensive power a plus with our ins to try and combat Brown. Wood out hurts but honestly our captain isn't in great form. I hope to see more from JJ. Have Moz back is great.
    - Midfield power McLean, Hunter, Bont, Wallis need to step up.
    - Forwards - hoping that Schache has a good game in tandem with Tom Boyd. Gowers and Lipinski been good up there too Lipinkski still young as is Gowers. Schache right now is a accurate kick and Mitch Wallis would be handy pushing up forward a bit.
    - Rucks - An area that needs a addressing. Hopefully we see Tom Campbell play soon.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

From our outs based on form Macrae is s big out. Wood, Webb and Biggs out of form.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Hard to understand that team considering we're desperate for more midfield impact. Seems like we're accepting the back half of the season will be beltings and we're just getting out 22 players so we don't get fined.
    There is little initiative being shown in team placements. With Adams and Morris returning to defence it is time to get more team value out of Suckling Williams and Crozier. Both Suckling and Crozier have played forward with their previous Clubs and Williams gives every indication of having pace and size to assist Bont in the midfield. It is still a mystery to me and others how Tom Boyd survives at the expense of Campbell and Roughead. We continue to pick a forward line that is incapable of kicking a winning score.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Western Fullbacks
    De-fence!
    De-fence!
    De-fence!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

So glad my son will get to see Moz in action, in his first live Dog's game. Irrespective of the result, I know my boy will one day understand what a privilege it was to see the great man in action. Might be the only time he gets to see him play, although judging by his comments on 'On The Mark' he will be dragged kicking and screaming into retirement.

7. Likes The bulldog tragician, Twodogs, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    There is little initiative being shown in team placements. With Adams and Morris returning to defence it is time to get more team value out of Suckling Williams and Crozier. Both Suckling and Crozier have played forward with their previous Clubs and Williams gives every indication of having pace and size to assist Bont in the midfield. It is still a mystery to me and others how Tom Boyd survives at the expense of Campbell and Roughead. We continue to pick a forward line that is incapable of kicking a winning score.
    Suckling is still out I assume.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    He is still out this week. Certain people had Jong as our best in the VFL last week and given our mediocre midfield his omission is strange as he is also capable of going forward and kicking a goal.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of you mock, but we are ahead of it as usual with our match committee. I just checked Norths side and North have recalled Carey, Longmire, McKernan & 'The Fridge' Roberts with Brown & Waite. So I think we're well placed to defend their crazy tall forward line. Hopefully Trengove can go with McKernan for the second ruck dual.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Macrae out is huge for us. On the flip side we have to find someone to fill the void. Not exactly sure who can step up in place of Macrae but I'd love it to be Dunks. Hopefully his spell at Footscray has helped him regain some form.

Moz, Naughton and Adams all in at once is surprising. You would have to say Adams plays forward and be sent back of Brown is getting hold of us.

Having Moz back is good just because. He brings more than what we lose with Wood going out.

I think we are a sneaky chance this week but all I really want to see is a 4 quarter effort and clean ball use considering how we are positioned at the minute.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    He is still out this week. Certain people had Jong as our best in the VFL last week and given our mediocre midfield his omission is strange as he is also capable of going forward and kicking a goal.
    Not according to Smads57, he was pretty average

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    Agree with Josie's comments on individual AFL listed player's form this afternoon and that the better players for the Scray were probably the VFL listed players..

Some personal thoughts:
    1. I'd be reluctant to elevate Greene yet - tends to play well for a half and then disappears.
    2. I'd like Young to start going for marks versus always playing the defensive punch - particularly at VFL level and at this stage of the season and his own development.
    3. Jong put in a shocker and would be pretty disappointed with his game regardless of what his stats might say post game
    4. I didn't think anyone deserved elevation from this afternoon's game to the AFL team, but suspect someone will need to go up to cover injuries

On a very different note, there was a number of AFL listed players at the game supporting the VFL boys.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Thanks Mofra thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    He will still get bagged by those who don't rate him

Post Thanks / Like

was hoping Campbell and Greene were called up. Any chance Boyd might be late withdrawal? And thought he hry’d give Bonti a rest. Great to see morris back. And Adams. X fingers no more injuries. Oooga booga looga loo yoo to you godam footy gods.

16. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Some of you mock, but we are ahead of it as usual with our match committee. I just checked Norths side and North have recalled Carey, Longmire, McKernan & 'The Fridge' Roberts with Brown & Waite. So I think we're well placed to defend their crazy tall forward line. Hopefully Trengove can go with McKernan for the second ruck dual.
    Jock Spencer and Malcolm Blight, he always had a day out against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    So glad my son will get to see Moz in action, in his first live Dog's game. Irrespective of the result, I know my boy will one day understand what a privilege it was to see the great man in action. Might be the only time he gets to see him play, although judging by his comments on 'On The Mark' he will be dragged kicking and screaming into retirement.
    Ted Whitten's last match as a player was my first match.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

18. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No Macrae means that's 40 less times we get it than the other mob do.

Good thing we're drowning in backmen. We might need them all at once.
    BORDERLINE FLYING