Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 12, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So GCS are 111 year record breakers!!
    It gets better - they've lost more games by 100+ points than Collingwood, who gave them a 114 year head start.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

2. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Disgrace that there isn’t a team in Tas
    Turn off the lights and shut the doors

Post Thanks / Like

Why are the Saints so bad?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    It gets better - they've lost more games by 100+ points than Collingwood, who gave them a 114 year head start.
    These stats are just so damning on that organisation. I get the need to expand for the TV rights. Every other code tried a GC team and failed, and the AFEL should have sat GC out. But noooo, the AFEL had to go and stuff it up. I just can't see them being sustainable, moreso being their captain looks to on the way out already. Merge them with Brisbane, send the licence and players to Tassie (stuffing Hawthorn & North ) or dissolve them and give all clubs 2-3 players each.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Because of those damn umpires!
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

Did anyone truly think they would be any good this season?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    With the coach being there 4 years,you were seeing some improvement last year but they have gone backwards this year , okay they lost two great players but that should have been prepared for 3 years ago.
    I'm not liking Richos chances of surviving when it's this bad.
    They have very good players when you look individually but I don't see a game plan ( which should be apparent by now) they look like chickens with their heads chopped off. I don't believe they have connected with Richos ideas or can operate it.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I thought they would be around the same level as last season. They'll beat us though, bookmark it.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the same . Is it coaching ? Or talent ?
    I think they’re bland and have so many similar types in the midfield
    Besides Steven , they’re all the same . Players have gone backwards
    Billings, Acres , Membrey among others . Carlisle’s been good , but Brown runs on tram tracks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I thought the same . Is it coaching ? Or talent ?
    I think they’re bland and have so many similar types in the midfield

Besides Steven , they’re all the same . Players have gone backwards
    Billings, Acres , Membrey among others . Carlisle’s been good , but Brown runs on tram tracks
    Hang on are we talking the Aints or the Dogs here?
    BORDERLINE FLYING

12. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    With the coach being there 4 years,you were seeing some improvement last year but they have gone backwards this year , okay they lost two great players but that should have been prepared for 3 years ago.
    I'm not liking Richos chances of surviving when it's this bad.
    They have very good players when you look individually but I don't see a game plan ( which should be apparent by now) they look like chickens with their heads chopped off. I don't believe they have connected with Richos ideas or can operate it.

In my opinion St Kilda are just a shit football club that have constantly send out crap teams and then wonder why they have no success. They don't see it like that though and constantly excuse their poorly performing "stars". It's a sort of arrogance that will keep them firmly out of the winners aisle forever. That arrogance was ably displayed by Ross Lyon when he refused to bring Luke Ball onto the ground in the last quarter. I can remember seeing Ball sitting on the I/C bench and thinking "Ball has been pretty much BOG so far, so why has Lyon left him on the bench?" and looking over and Ball is still sitting on the pine.

If I were a St Kilda supporter I would hold Ross Lyon personally responsible for not having won the flag that day. No matter about Scarlett's toe poke (as good as it was it should never have come down to it, St Kilda should have been comfortably in control by that stage) Geelong scored 3 goals to none in that last quarter, and it was Lyon's fault.

Th

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion St Kilda are just a shit football club that have constantly send out crap teams and then wonder why they have no success. They don't see it like that though and constantly excuse their poorly performing "stars". It's a sort of arrogance that will keep them firmly out of the winners aisle forever. That arrogance was ably displayed by Ross Lyon when he refused to bring Luke Ball onto the ground in the last quarter. I can remember seeing Ball sitting on the I/C bench and thinking "Ball has been pretty much BOG so far, so why has Lyon left him on the bench?" and looking over and Ball is still sitting on the pine.

If I were a St Kilda supporter I would hold Ross Lyon personally responsible for not having won the flag that day. No matter about Scarlett's toe poke (as good as it was it should never have come down to it, St Kilda should have been comfortably in control by that stage) Geelong scored 3 goals to none in that last quarter, and it was Lyon's fault.

Th
    I think you will find that club has had a bad culture long before Lyon got there , for what it's worth Lyon might have stuffed up with Ball on that occasion but he got them to a grand final.
    Saints have a culture similar to us before Rocket Eade came on board.
    Will they change ? Who knows.
    I also noticed that Bains was doing the job of 3 at the club before he came over to us so it also might be they aren't employing Enough people in other areas that help footballers prepare like other clubs have.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Love Adam Cera at the dogs
    That kids going to be a star
    Hasn’t re-signed either

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I think you will find that club has had a bad culture long before Lyon got there , for what it's worth Lyon might have stuffed up with Ball on that occasion but he got them to a grand final.
    Saints have a culture similar to us before Rocket Eade came on board.
    Will they change ? Who knows.
    I also noticed that Bains was doing the job of 3 at the club before he came over to us so it also might be they aren't employing Enough people in other areas that help footballers prepare like other clubs have.

Personally I would rather he hadn't got my team into a grand final if he's just going to coach the victory away. You don't get anything for second prize, nada, nothing, zilch. He cost them the game, what was the point of them making it in the first place if he was just going to snatch the victory away from them? It was just extra pain for them that they could have done without.

Win the game, great. Lose a grand final and you just wish you hadn't made it.

Post Thanks / Like

My god the outrage if this was Moorabbin online!
    This site would have just imploded with rage