Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  16
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bevo: Free agent Dogs have to lift

What is the rush on Wallis and Roughy? I'm very happy to wait until the end of the season before making a call on them - there is still half a season to run which is critical from a future list management perspective.

Rightly or wrongly, both Wally and Rough are still fringe senior players well into their careers. Not a bad idea to take a breath.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    What is the rush on Wallis and Roughy? I'm very happy to wait until the end of the season before making a call on them - there is still half a season to run which is critical from a future list management perspective.

Rightly or wrongly, both Wally and Rough are still fringe senior players well into their careers. Not a bad idea to take a breath.
    Agreed, on face value it looks like a decent process but with Mark Stevens words, who is normally accurate, flying in the face of Wallis being a required player it adds a bit of interest to the article.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Wally can't cut it as a mid in the coaches eyes what about a small forward. Mitch is smart and would put himself in good positions and would suit him if the there is congestion in the forward line digging the ball out.
    Can spend just relieving time in the centre and develop more forward as he knows how to kick a goal which we lack.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Agreed, on face value it looks like a decent process but with Mark Stevens words, who is normally accurate, flying in the face of Wallis being a required player it adds a bit of interest to the article.
    Last time I looked, Stevo is a journalist.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Last time I looked, Stevo is a journalist.
    So you wont quote him again.?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    So you wont quote him again.?
    Of course I will quote him for discussion purposes, but his word doesn't mean it is 100% going to happen. He hears things being said and reports them. It could be a simple thing like an Essendon person saying, maybe we should chase Wallis. You are writing that his word is gospel and it will happen.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of years ago at the B&F (or it may have been the Season Launch) I convinced Mark Stevens that Ben Reid had committed to us as a FA tge next year. He wasn't exactly hard to convince and added the fact that Reid qualified for FA the next year himself. It was if he really wanted to believe it and he went and printed it in the paper the next day. None of it was true, I'd made it up as I was telling him. He called me a frontbottom the next time he saw me.

Anyway my point is don't believe everything Stevo writes.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

9. Likes jeemak, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course I will quote him for discussion purposes, but his word doesn't mean it is 100% going to happen. He hears things being said and reports them. It could be a simple thing like an Essendon person saying, maybe we should chase Wallis. You are writing that his word is gospel and it will happen.
    So I will leave it to you to determine which of Stevos tweets have merit

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps HC does what the coach asks him to.
    If Wallis can't get a game at the moment his papers are stamped. Much the same as Biggs.

12. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    If Wallis can't get a game at the moment his papers are stamped. Much the same as Biggs.
    There's a few on the outer. Campbell seems an obvious one too.

Although being picked in no guarantee of being kept on the list either - Jarrad Grant being a good example.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    There's a few on the outer. Campbell seems an obvious one too.

Although being picked in no guarantee of being kept on the list either - Jarrad Grant being a good example.
    Have no doubt that Wallis, Biggs, Webb, HC and Campbell will play a few ones games to fatten them up for the year end sales.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

I sometimes wonder why the attention is so strong in singling out these two players. In the case of Roughy, Tom Boyd hasn’t been any better and similarly with Wally both Dunkley and Jong have fallen out of favour.