Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  165

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post-flag plummet was always possible

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I've been a member since 81 and I've never been happier with where the club sits. Since 2014, 2 X VFL, 1 X AFL, 1 X AFLw premierships, no debt, profitable, record membership, great alliance with Ballarat, Mercedes, Mission and others, our vice president was integral in a deal to get Disney involved in docklands ( which will hopefully benefit us), a brilliant young CEO in Ameet who is very impressive; not to mention the amazing work done in the sons of the west and multicultural programs driven by the club. To suggest we are a joke or thought of as such doesn't have a factual basis and is more suitably written in rubbish newspapers and particular forums (not the fine folk of woof) where contemptuous armchair warriors rail against the club. Im not suggesting we are perfect, The failed Edgewater project, the sad departure of Jake and that abomination of a jumper yesterday is proof of that, however I think from a big picture point of view we are in the strongest position Ive seen in my days supporting the club which makes me very proud to support the red white and blue. ��⚪��
    A financial side is only part of what happens off the field and I'll agree we have done pretty well there. Just read some of the things mainly BT posted and some others which are all off field decisions over the past 18 months. When you line them all up and have a read it is embarrassing.
    Last edited by G-Mo77; 03-06-2018 at 01:06 PM.