Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  165
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post-flag plummet was always possible

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I mean, he has the benefit of playing with 2 of the top 10 players of all time in a sport where only 5 guys matter, but sure.

Not sure this holds BT.
    It doesn't hold that only 5 guys matter in basketball. The best teams can go right down the bench.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    It doesn't hold that only 5 guys matter in basketball. The best teams can go right down the bench.
    Maybe in yesteryear, but the rise of the super teams has changed that.

And don't forget, the team that lost in the Finals was pretty much solely reliant on one man. If LeBron wasn't on the Cavs, they would have been a lottery team.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I mean, he has the benefit of playing with 2 of the top 10 players of all time in a sport where only 5 guys matter, but sure.

Not sure this holds BT.
    Perhaps if we cited him, but I’m more interested in the spin that can be had with the generic message/comments. But given what Grant was given to say (this threads reason to exist), or a generic twist of our situation, I’d prefer the gentle spin/twist. I’m not trying to parallel him or sports, but rather a simple message with a bit of spin like Draymond, would’ve been a whole lot better for our messaging.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Maybe in yesteryear, but the rise of the super teams has changed that.

And don't forget, the team that lost in the Finals was pretty much solely reliant on one man. If LeBron wasn't on the Cavs, they would have been a lottery team.
    LeBron must be the most competitive bastard on the face of the earth. His games right through the play offs were increasingly incredible.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

6. Likes Raw Toast liked this post