Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  165
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post-flag plummet was always possible

So the club should have tempered expectations immediately after winning a flag. Makes sense, wouldn’t have been mauled by all and sundry at all!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Clubs never come out and say we will lose games for two years and have a tilt in 2019.

I am being realistic with what has happened this year.

I am sure the results so far would have been different if Libba, Morris, Picken, Adams, Clay, Redpath and Trengove (all games) were all available for the season to date.

Yes we have played at times up to 6 players with less than 10 games and most of those players have shown ability and earned their spot, but you can't expect them to be world beaters.
    Yeah but our youngsters haven't been the problem. Its our experienced players who are a shadow of their former selves.

4. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is so deeply frustrating. We always talk about how piss poor the communication is from the club and this is a prime example of why; this is nothing more than an attempt at spin doctoring to ease the burden on a group of players and coaches that have taken the better part of 24 months off.

I guess no one can be accountable if we all saw it happening because we’re so so clever.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Barrett and Wilson will rightly have a field day with us for the next few weeks. I just heard Zaine Cordy being grilled on 3AW and accidentally contradicting the precise message from this article.

This is amateur hour stuff.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Barrett and Wilson will rightly have a field day with us for the next few weeks. I just heard Zaine Cordy being grilled on 3AW and accidentally contradicting the precise message from this article.

This is amateur hour stuff.

Don't blame Zaine. He's concussed!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

God this is pathetic. I understand coming out and trying to lower the pressure but this just makes us look like idiots.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

I think he's just stated the obvious, nothing to get emotional about .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I think he's just stated the obvious, nothing to get emotional about .
    Based on facts or spin? It doesn't ring true to me.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Every club spins the truth, I don't expect complete honesty. How could you plan for that flag happening, and in the aftermath I can understand them taking their eye off the ball a tad. We probably all did to a degree, I think I'm still in shock. I understand the sentiment but calls to sack Grant my god seriously .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Every club spins the truth, I don't expect complete honesty. How could you plan for that flag happening, and in the aftermath I can understand them taking their eye off the ball a tad. We probably all did to a degree, I think I'm still in shock. I understand the sentiment but calls to sack Grant my god seriously .
    Agree with you, pathetic really to call for sacking the lot.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    This is so deeply frustrating. We always talk about how piss poor the communication is from the club and this is a prime example of why; this is nothing more than an attempt at spin doctoring to ease the burden on a group of players and coaches that have taken the better part of 24 months off.

I guess no one can be accountable if we all saw it happening because we’re so so clever.
    Agree 100%. If it was true we would have spun this rubbish in the pre-season like Carlton did to keep the pressure off Bolton.

Since the flag its been comedy central. We have barely done a thing right & we are a joke. Thats the hardest part for me, knowing everyone thinks we are a laughing stock. We fought so hard to beat that tag & thought we did forever, only to be there 6 months after winning a flag. I guess the only silver lining is the saying 'its never as bad as it seems'. Please let that be true!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Agree 100%. If it was true we would have spun this rubbish in the pre-season like Carlton did to keep the pressure off Bolton.

Since the flag its been comedy central. We have barely done a thing right & we are a joke. Thats the hardest part for me, knowing everyone thinks we are a laughing stock. We fought so hard to beat that tag & thought we did forever, only to be there 6 months after winning a flag. I guess the only silver lining is the saying 'its never as bad as it seems'. Please let that be true!
    Examples please.

We have paid off our debts and created a strong viable club for the future through the hard work of Peter Gordon and the acquisition of primary land from the government.

I would love to hear from you why we are a joke?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Examples please.

We have paid off our debts and created a strong viable club for the future through the hard work of Peter Gordon and the acquisition of primary land from the government.

I would love to hear from you why we are a joke?
    The Redpath suspension. That got a bit silly. The original suspension was a joke but somehow we ended up looking silly.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

That infantile spat between Gordo and Alberti ...
    BORDERLINE FLYING

18. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The coach devoting some of his time to calling in a gutter-dwelling scribe ... because priorities.
    BORDERLINE FLYING